34. Keeping things real

".... Talk to me Chloe...

"I got to watch while she tortured and killed one of my rapists...do you wanna know how that felt?.." she said looking at him.

"Who tortured and killed him?" He asked her.

"Charisma.." she said looking at him. "She told me we would find one of them... and she did... the fifth one killed himself. By all accounts he couldn't live with what he did to me... coward ass mother fucker!."

"... we know about mom... but I don't see you as a killer...

"I don't kill people... she does all of that.. she killed 10 people today I was just there to keep them all in order... I had a gun but I didn't need to use it..." she looked at him. "She's done what no one else can do.. and made me feel like I'm worth something again....your mom is a guardian angel...

your mom is a guardian angel

Lamar sighed. "Chloe you can't go around killing people...

"They are all scum so why not...."

"Listen to me, I know you're hurting cos I'm with Chantal... but you need to understand... you wanted my father...

"Im not out here with Charisma because of you!... and at that time back then...I was on drugs.. I was trying to deal with something... I didn't want Keegan.. I wanted you.. I was lost Lamar... so lost..." she said. "Then I lost you and it felt like my whole world has gone.. it still does... I'm not worth anything to anyone anymore... I have had everything taken from me...

"You're worth everything Chloe... you're beautiful, you're a strong ass woman and you will find that again... you're smart and sensitive.. and you're a great mom to my kids... please don't shut me out.. I want to help you... I want to see you get back to the old you.." he said.

"I'll never be okay... not now... not with you and Chantal being happy and having a baby together.. how could I ever be happy again...

Lamar looked at her. "Please don't go out with my mom anymore.. you're gonna get hurt..."

"She fully protects me.. plus what else do I have...

————-

Keegan woke up, he saw Charisma laying next to him propped up on her arm just staring at him. "Shit C..." he said almost jumping. "...what time is it?.."

"A lil after 7.30... you were sleeping like a baby most of the afternoon" she smiled. "Tell me what it was like.. and why..."

"What do you mean!."

"When you walk into a strip bar and decide you're gonna fuck someone else?..."

He hated that she kept going back to this and she seem to be transfixed on it. "It ain't like that... and, I don't have feelings for any one.. I don't even remember half of em....it was just sex and it was a long time ago...