Regain

5 days have passed since I woke up.

I feel fairly normal, but now and again I get a lingering ache in my chest and lungs. 

It's going to take some time to get back to old me, but I'm glad I am on my feet now. 

Between the whole group, they are business as usual.

You very much feel the void of Chan being gone, but I feel like I am playing a massive part in that. I'm like a constant distracting reminder of what happened.

Maybe I could visit Bangtan? Get out of their hair for a bit?

As much as I don't owe them a visit, I think it will help me get back to normal. They are still in a partnership with The Kids.. Somehow. I think Joon is just wanting to stay close if anything. If Chan doesn't return, he may offer Minho his hand. 

I don't know how Minho would feel about me going, but if I ask Changbin, no doubt he will say yes and take me.

I get up from my bed and make my way to the kitchen.

Minho was sat with Hyunjin, drinking coffee.

"Morning baby." Minho smiles, and he gets up to make me a drink.

"It's okay, I can make my own." I playfully scold him for mollycoddling me, and he just kisses me to silence me.

"I was thinking of visiting Bangtan." I let out abruptly, and Minho and Hyunjin both look at me, confused.

"Well.. 

You're not exactly on house arrest.. but I'd rather you didn't." Minho frowns, and I glance at Hyunjin, getting the same reception.

"Is it to see if Yoongi is there?" Hyunjin then asks, and I bite my lip nervously.

"I would be surprised if he is there. I've been on some meetings with JK and he said he hasn't seen him at all, but he has been seeing Joon." Minho adds. He gave me a look like he knew I wont listen to him.

"Me and Changbin can take you if you want?" Hyunjin offers, and I gasp at his suggestion, gaining a tut from Minho.

I run up to Hyunjin to hug him. "Thank you Jinnie." I kiss him on the cheek, and Minho sighs again.

I walk up to Minho and wrap my hands around his shoulders.

"Please don't worry about me." I whisper, pulling him in for a kiss.

"I love you. It's only natural to worry." he mumbles back, then connecting our lips again.

"Just get married already." Hyunjin teases, throwing a tea towel at our heads.

I giggle as we pull away and then grab my drink in my hands.

"Maybe we should.." Minho pulls me in again and nuzzles into my neck.

"Mrs Lee? I like it.." I turn and smirk at him, and he plants another kiss on my lips.

"Let's make it happen, when you get back?" He asks in full seriousness, and I just feel butterflies in my stomach.

"Sounds like a plan." I bit my lip, then looked around the room, meeting eyes with Hyunjin.

"Wait.. You're actually gonna get hitched?" He gasps, and I just giggle back at him.

"I'm gonna ask Changbin if he's okay with taking me to Bangtans first." I smile then sipping my drink to divert the attention away from the unorthodox proposal, and suddenly Changbin walks through the door.

"Gahh! That's creepy! Y/N just mentioned you!" Hyunjin gasped, and Changbin wiggled his fingers in the air like he was some spooky ghoul that can be summoned by drinking coffee.

"Mm.. For me?" Changbin then peaked around my shoulder at my fresh coffee, then helped himself to a sip.

"Too much sugar!" He whines at me, screwing up his face.

"Not for me!" I defend, moving away from his judgyness.

"Bin, I want to visit Bangtan." I then suddenly announce, and he lets out a chuckle as if I'm joking.

"You're serious?" He then suddenly stops laughing.

"Yes. Tomorrow, if that's okay. Until Sunday. I'll give you guys a few days to not worry about me."

"But.. It's natural for us to worry. You mean so much to us.." Changbin falters, and Minho lets out a knowing hum. 

They are all thinking the same, but they need to understand how I feel. 

"I'm feeling like a burden for you all at the moment, and I hate it. I need to regain some of my independence." I admit, and Minho looks at me apologetically.

"I'm sorry, I know it's been hard for you all, but I'm fine now. We need to get back to normal." I sigh and take Minhos hand, and he nods in acceptance of my decision.

"I'll pack a bag. Thank you, for understanding." I smile at them, then get up to go to my room.

I know I likely wont see Yoongi, but I will still hold out a little bit of hope in case I do.

  📅

"Y/N, are you ready?" Changbin knocks at my door, and I call for him to come in.

He smiles upon seeing me sitting on my case to zip it shut.

"Why are you taking so many clothes?" He smirks, then helping to zip around while I put all my weight on the case.

"Well, I've never willingly went somewhere where I needed to pack.. So I didn't really know what to pack.." I frown at him.

"But.. You have clothes at Bangtans place, don't you?" He chuckles, and the realisation hits me.

"You're right. Why did I pack anything?" I stared at him in confusion. 

It's like I just went into autopilot or something. 

I felt overcome with worry suddenly.

"Hey, it's okay. It doesn't matter." Changbin then reassured me, and he placed a hand on me to diffuse my worry.

He grabbed the case regardless and then helped me to my feet.

I kissed Minho goodbye and waved at the others as we left.

Hyunjin sat in the back with me and held my hand.

"Just tell us if you want to go early." He whispered, then placed a phone in my hands.

"Woah, it's been so long since I've had a phone." I gushed, admiring the rectangular device.

"All our numbers are on it. Just call or message if you have any issues." He smiled at me, then wrapped his arm around to squeeze me close to him.

We parked up at Bangtans and I felt a wave of dread hit me.

"Y/N!" A female voice shrieked, and then I saw a girl run up to me and wrap her arms around me.

I froze.

I glanced at Hyunjin and he frowned at me in confusion.

She pulled away, and as she saw my expression,  she distanced herself.

"Y/N.. It's Ali?" Hyunjin nudged me, and I stared blankly at her.

"Oh! Ali! Sorry, my mind went completely blank!" I chuckled at her, pulling her back in to hug me.

That was weird. 

For a moment I really had no idea who she was.

I waved goodbye to Hyunjin and Changbin, and then Ali lead me into the house.