Alone

I couldn't help but feel a sense of dread as we approached the living room.

Who are The Kids?

Should I be worried? 

Why are guns involved? 

And why does Yoongi have trust issues?

I know Namjoon said not to be curious but I really cant help it. I'm way too invested.

We enter the large space, and are greeted with a cold, awkward reception by 7 pairs of eyes.

An unfamiliar face looks me up and down with an uncertain stare, then at JK. He rises to his feet. He's a bit shorter than JK but still taller than me. He flashes a wink at me.

"Welcome Chan, Its been a while" JK gushed, and the two embrace in a handshake/shoulder pat.

"It's good to see you mate" The stranger responds, unusually in English.

"Why are you here alone?" JK questions.

"The rest are coming in a bit, they just have a job to finish." He says calmly rubbing his hands together.

Namjoon clears his throat, "I suggest speaking only Korean while we are in the company of someone not affiliated with either group"

"Oh, yes of course, my apologies" He awkwardly chuckles, flashing a bright dimpled grin.

He turns to me. "And you are..?"

"I'm Y/N, Sir. Its nice to meet you" I let out a polite smile.

"She's a dancer from Tommy's Place. I booked her to lighten the mood" Namjoon interrupted.

"Ah I see, lovely to meet you. You seem to have a glow to you. Have you been having fun?" He sung in an attempt to patronize me, smirking at JK.

"You and your men and free to entertain yourselves." Namjoon poked back

"I'm sure we will take advantage of that offer" He growled, staring into my eyes.

My heart skipped a beat. What offer exactly!?

Great, another bloke who intimidates the shit out of me. I hope the rest of them aren't like this. My heart.. and my vagina, can't take much more of this.

"Shall we get to business then?" He snapped at Namjoon, shifting into a serious tone.

There was so much tension in the air, I felt so out of place.

"I would rather wait til we have a full house. By all means help yourself to our facilities." Namjoon retorted.

The man huffed and swaggered over to the drinks cabinet. He decided on a bottle of white wine, and offered it to anyone else and all but Tae declined.

He handed Tae his glass and lowered himself onto a seat.

Tae kept a subtle eye on him, as if this kind gesture was unexpected.

He patted the sofa and stared straight at me, and I hesitantly walk over to be seated beside him

The man placed his hand on my inner thigh and stroked my skin with his thumb.

He leant into my space, closing in on my ear and whispered "Nice dress" in a buttery sexy tone.

"I'd like to see it off at some point."

I gulped.

He's oozing confidence.

His face drops and he stares intensely into my eyes, almost like he is trying to read me.

"Minho would like you." He broke the silence between us.

I don't know who Minho is but if he was even slightly more intense than this guy, I'm pretty sure I would explode.

"You can call me Chan, or Chris.. which ever you prefer." He purred with a small smirk forming on his lips.

I place my hand on top of his, and break eye contact to look around the room. Everyone's in their own conversations, everyone but Yoongi. He doesn't notice me, but I can see him. Burning a hole into Chan.

They must have some beef.

"You ever get the feeling you are being set up? Like what someone's said they'd do, and what actually end up doing, don't marry up?" He spoke quietly, in an only audible volume for both of us, facing forward.

I turn to slightly face him, he turns too.

"I don't know what you mean?" I awkwardly respond, avoiding eye contact longer than a few seconds.

I have had small hints throughout the evening that something significant might be happening tonight, but whether that involves me is a different story. I'll just play dumb.

To avoid any awkward silences, Chan pats my knee and rises from his seat. He excuses himself for the restroom.

As he disappears out of view, Yoongi leaps off the couch and straddles my lap.

My heart pounds hard as I try not to let out a terrified scream. I can sense the other men briefly stop talking to glance over at us. Waiting to see what Yoongi does.

"What has that bastard been saying to you?" He lowly growled.

"I need to know if he has said anything about me" He hissed with a sense of desperation.

I tried to diffuse his anger by placing my hand on his face. His eyes turned dark all of a sudden.
I struggled for words.

"He hasn't said anything, but do you want me to tell you if he does?" I suggest calmly, but my body showed I was anything but calm.

He smacks my hand off his face and nods. He starts to get off me and to his feet. while he is still stood opposite me, Chan walks back in the room and hesitates.

"Oh, am I interrupting something?" He quips, with a provoking laugh.

Yoongi, with literally zero self restraint charges at Chan, taking hold of his collar and pushing him backwards.

"Hey, watch out. This is a new shirt" He whines, antagonising Yoongi, while flattening his collar down.

Chan knew what he was doing. Yoongi was like a bull, and Chan had a bright red flag.

"You're a fucking cunt!" Yoongi screams in English, shoving him backwards.

"Aw you used my favourite word" Chan cooed as if Yoongi was a little child. Without a second delay, Chan plants his fist into the side of Yoongis face, knocking him out completely.

My jaw dropped.

There was not even an ounce of worry from the rest of the group, almost just scoffs of disapproval, expecting a bit of fight from Yoongi.

"Jay, Jin. Can you dump him on his bed please. Get him out of my sight. " Namjoon uttered, waving his hand to shoo him away.