liii

• third person •

"Oh, you're in a rush. You might get hiccups if you eat too fast!" exclaimed Lucien with a giggle.

(Y/N) munched at her pastries, smiling. "Wanna get to the winery fast, before Master Diluc leaves."

"Oh right!" Lucien held her chin. "I still need to buy him a birthday present! Hmm..."

(Y/N) glanced at her auntie in curiosity, though it seemed Lucien's mind had gone elsewhere.

"I just remembered... Did you hear any voices last night, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) blinked, tilting her head.

"Mm... No. I had a dream I was talking to Dad, but... Actually I can't remember if it was a dream or not..."

Lucien's gaze wandered. "Where is your dad? He wasn't on the sofa when I woke up."

(Y/N) shrugged. "Dunno. I didn't see him upstairs."

"Hmm... You carry on eating; I'll check with Leon."

With a nod, (Y/N) continued to do exactly that.

A reassuring smile curving her lips, Lucien patted her niece's head, before excusing herself upstairs.

She gradually approached the door to Luca's bedroom, giving the wood a gentle knock or two.

A pout became of her lips at the lack of reply.

"Leon? Are you still asleep? Can I come in?"

Again, she was met with complete silence.

With a soft sigh, Lucien turned the door handle.

And then, she peeked in.

To her surprise, Leon was just sitting up on the bed, rubbing his eyes. It seemed he had only just woken up.

"Oh, good morning..!" Lucien exclaimed with a smile. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

Then, abruptly, Leon's entire body jolted. Lucien blinked when his head shot towards her, before he yanked the duvet all the way up to his chest.

"Umm..." Lucien's smile faltered. "Have you seen Luca?"

"Lu..." Leon's head dropped, still rubbing his eyes. "Luca..? Uh... No..."

Lucien folded her arms. "Isn't that his hair?"

All of a sudden, Leon tugged the duvet right up to his shoulders.

Unfortunately for him, doing that revealed not only one pair of legs on the bed, but also another... right in his lap.

"Oh..."

Leon winced when Lucien rapidly approached.

He didn't even try to stop her when she pulled off the blanket.

To his surprise, her gaze immediately softened.

Her big brother was just there, snuggled right into Leon's chest, knocked out cold, just like a baby. His lips were slightly parted with quiet breaths, his soft hair tousled against Leon with the most peaceful look on his face.

"It was you two talking last night!" Lucien whisper-exclaimed. "I knew I wasn't going crazy! He looks comfortable."

"Uh..." Leon rubbed the back of his neck, suddenly struck with silence.

"Wait a second..."

Leon's face was red. He looked away.

"Were you two kissing outside the door?"