xlv

• third person •

The sun had set a while ago. Moonlight shone in through the windows, shrouded by the clouded skies above.

The cake had gone cold. (Y/N) still wasn't back.

Lucien had fallen asleep. Luca didn't realise how exhausted she was from coming all the way to Mondstadt. He tucked her in gently, pressing a small kiss upon her soft hair.

And then, Luca went upstairs. Leon was in Luca's room, simply laying on the bed.

"You know, we could've just shared," was the first thing Leon said, so nonchalantly. "Not as if we haven't shared a bed before."

They had made a hasty arrangement last night for how everyone was going to sleep. (Y/N) remained her room, Leon in Luca's room, and Luca and Lucien on the sofas downstairs.

Luca furrowed his brows. "I'm not going to leave my sister downstairs by herself. And you know it's not... We can't share a bed with (Y/N) or Lucien here."

The corner of Leon's lips rose. "I get hiding it from (Y/N), but Lucien? She seems pretty sweet."

"She only just found out that Ilse passed away. I mean... I've mostly moved on now but... it might just feel abrupt to her. And (Y/N)... She's been angry at me since we came back... If we were to risk her finding out I don't even know how she would react..."

Leon's eyes fluttered shut. "I understand..." he murmured. "Why is she mad at you anyway? Have you talked to her?"

Luca sat on the bed. He placed his head into his hands. "No... I haven't had the chance... I thought it might have been because I accidentally ruined her surprise for me but... (Y/N)'s more mature than that..."

Leon merely gazed at him in silence.

Luca shook his head. "Anyway, let me perform a quick checkup on you. I don't think I got all of the poison out."

"I healed myself a little," Leon spoke, as the field of geo began to surround them again.

"Are you in pain?" Luca asked softly.

Leon shook his head. "I've been in worse pain. I can ignore this."

Leon simply stared at Luca's concentrated face. The way his eyebrows knitted, his pretty eyes narrow. Though, his nose scrunched when he realised Leon's very obvious ogling.

Luca looked up at him.

"I feel like I want to kiss you all the time," Leon admitted casually with a beam.

Luca glanced at the closed door. He heaved a sigh, and then, he climbed over Leon, the healing field swiftly disappearing. Leon's smile remained as Luca's face came close. "Don't tempt me," he whispered.

"Or what?" Leon grinned.

Unsurprisingly, Luca had burst into a small laughter. And then, he kissed Leon's lips briefly, before there seemed to be a noise downstairs. The front door.

"She's back..!" Luca exclaimed. "I'll try and talk to her now!"

"Good luck." Leon waved when he rushed out of the door.

"(Y/N)!" Luca called as he sped down the stairs. "You've come back home awfully late," he said with a disapproving frown.

(Y/N) locked the door, ignoring him.

"(Y/N)... have I done something wrong? I'd like to make it right..."

(Y/N) began to walk upstairs. "Have you eaten?" Luca hurriedly asked, following her. "Please don't ignore me, (Y/N)..."