xx

• third person •

"It's so cold. It's so cold!"

"All you do is complain."

"One day, August. I will beat you up."

"Shush." Luca interrupted the two as they finally entered the building that Leon could have sworn was at least three whole miles away five minutes ago.

The immediate feeling of warmth was enough to make the three sigh in relief, the endless snow storms behind them now seemingly nothing when put against a cosy fire.

Luca quickly went over to the front desk, his colleagues following as if they were his two unaware children without a care in the world.

"Name?" asked the worker at the desk.

"Luca (L/N)."

The worker searched through a few sheets.

"Floor two. Room nineteen. Here are your keys, Sir."

Luca's head tilted. "Only one room?" he questioned, suddenly bewildered. August and Leon exchanged a glance.

"Yes... Is there a problem, Sir?"

"There... should be three rooms," he spoke softly, fiddling with his fingers behind the desk. Did the client mess it up..?

"I apologise, Sir. There is only one room booked under your name. It has a double bed and a sofa, if that eases your mind."

"Are there any other rooms available?"

"Only one other room is available tonight. Single bed."

"Alright."

Both Leon and August watched in awe as Luca swiftly dealt with the booking and payments like it were a breeze. It was hard to believe that he had literally just woken up barely minutes ago. He really was a parent.

"We can pay you back," August suggested as the two keys jingled in Luca's hand.

Instantly, Luca shook his head. "No need. Luckily this room is right next to the one we already had booked. Well, almost."

The two continued to follow Luca up the stairs, dragging their luggage behind them. Once they had reached the warmly lit hallway, Luca stopped, turning to face them.

"Two of us will have to share the first room. You two can share, if you'd like."

Leon scoffed, slapping his chest. "Me? With that guy? Unless you want to find a dead body in the morning, sure."

Luca pursed his lips for a moment. His head raised when August abruptly smacked Leon's back. Leon almost shrieked.

"How about you and Leon share, Sir? Someone needs to take care of him if he gets too drunk one of the nights!"

Luca hummed. Unfortunately, the dissatisfaction in that hum was much too unapologetically clear. "I'd rather stay by myself..."

"But, what if Leon has a nightmare? You know how much of a scaredy-cat he is!"

Leon kicked his shin. "If anything, he's the one having nightmares!" he whisper-shouted.

Luca tapped his chin. "He's much braver than me." His brows furrowed, pouting when he was met with Leon's slightly at loss gaze.

"It's alright. If you really can't stay in the same room as August, then we can share."

"Now you're making me feel bad," August complained, folding his arms.

With a chuckle, Luca patted the younger's head, before passing him the keys. "Room sixteen. Down there. Goodnight, August. Rest well tonight."

Nodding with a childish frown, August took the keys, before waving as he turned on his feet. "Goodnight."