xxxii

• third person •

"Chicken pie!! Kiwi loves chicken. Uh... You guys aren't vegetarian, right?"

Luca chuckled, shaking his head as he pulled out a chair at the dinner table. "It smells lovely."

"Chicken!!!" Kiwi shouted, clapping his little hands as Cerise lifted him up, placing him on a chair.

"And look!" Cerise grabbed something from the counter. A glass bottle. "I grabbed this the other day when I went shopping. I thought I'd have to drink it all by myself!"

"Wine?" Luca questioned.

Cerise nodded excitedly. "Snezhnayan classic! Care for a glass?"

Luca glanced at Leon as Cerise poured herself some first. Leon simply sat down in silence, beginning to serve Kiwi some pie when the little boy attempted to reach over himself.

"He can't eat that much," Luca whispered with a smile.

"Oh."

"Uh..." Luca turned back towards Cerise. "I have a pretty low tolerance, so I'll pass this time."

Leon placed half of the pie serving he gave to Kiwi onto his own plate. "I'll have a glass," he stated, raising his head.

Cerise's deep red eyes sparkled. "Great!"

"You have a low tolerance too," Luca reminded him gently.

He sighed when Leon shrugged, as Cerise had already started pouring.

"I'll have some too then," Luca declared. Leon smirked to himself as if to contain a laugh, but they both knew that this was not going to end well.

Cerise beamed. "The more the merrier!!"

It did not get merrier.

Somehow, after god knows how many glasses, Cerise seemed almost entirely sober, completely capable of putting Kiwi to bed.

Luca seemed to be losing his vision after one single glass. He wondered if he had just drank straight Fire-Water or something.

Leon wasn't even talking properly anymore.

Cerise giggled at the door frame, shaking her head. "Hope you guys are okay with the one bed. And keep quiet, okayyy! I want to sleep..!"

Luca's butt collapsed onto the bed, holding his head in his hand. "Mmm..."

With that, the bedroom door was shut. Leon climbed onto the bed also, crawling towards Luca.

"Luca..." he whispered.

Luca didn't lift his head. "Mm..?"

"Why... y' doin' this to me..? Hurts... y'know..."

Luca slowly removed his hand from his eyes, attempting to recalibrate his vision or something. "Huh..?"

"Can't you give some of your attention... to me..?" Leon grabbed Luca's hand, his breath heavy. "If you know I like you... Why..."

Luca's face reddened as Leon pushed him down onto the bed, climbing over him. He stared up at him, his vision hazy, Leon's dark hair brushing against his cheeks.

His eyes narrowed. Leon was only getting closer. Not a single coherent thought was going through his brain.

"You're so damn pretty..." Leon murmured. "Drives me fucking crazy..."

Luca could feel his breaths beginning to accelerate as Leon reached, unfastening a button or two of Luca's shirt. Blood increasingly rushed through Luca's face, his lips parted as he was struck with silence.