xxxv

• third person •

Sitting upon her bed, (Y/N) stared at her feet, her eyes narrowed in thought.

Since I didn't send that letter... I'm gonna have to wait until Dad's back to ask him... Unless he sends a letter first... so I know he's really alive...

I really want to tell Kaeya...

She leant back, huffing a little in discomfort.

Surely someone must know something about my parents' love...

Like Dad's friends... But they're with him as well...

Wait.

All of a sudden, (Y/N) shot up.

Am I stupid?! How did I not think of this before?!

An excited grin immediately shone across her face when she ran out of her bedroom, rushing downstairs. Of course, she garnered some strange stares from the maids, but it didn't matter. Finally, she could get some answers!

Hurriedly, (Y/N) knocked upon the door before her, unable to control her feet as they bounced.

"Come in!" a deep voice called inside.

Instantly, she pushed open the door to the office.

Master Crepus was sat at his desk, while Adelinde stood before him. It seemed they were discussing something.

"Ah, (Y/N)." Crepus raised his head with a kind smile. "Are you alright?" Adelinde smiled, waving.

(Y/N)'s bouncy stature immediately faltered. She stepped back, bowing her head a little in embarrassment. "S-sorry, I didn't mean to intrude..."

At that, Crepus shook his head. "I was the one who told you to come in. Come, sit."

With a small curve of her lips, (Y/N) rushed in, immediately doing so. Adelinde nodded at the pair of them, before swiftly leaving the room.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" Crepus asked, his smile kind.

"W-well..." (Y/N) blushed a little. "I- I was wondering..."

Crepus raised an eyebrow when (Y/N)'s head fell, beginning to fiddle with her fingers.

And then, it raised again, a sudden determined look in her eyes.

"I was wondering if you knew anything about m- my parents' l... love story..?"

Crepus blinked.

An uneasy smile rose upon his lips. "Why do you ask? Isn't this something you should ask your father?"

(Y/N) pouted. "He's not here, Master Crepus. I want to know now."

"Ah..." Crepus leant back at his chair, glancing at the ceiling for a moment. "And why is that..?"

Almost instantaneously, a blush began to rise upon (Y/N)'s cheeks. Still, she attempted to maintain her stern demeanour, but, when Crepus saw that flustered face, he couldn't help his amused look. He leant forward again.

"By any chance..." Crepus grinned, "could it be that you are in love, dear (Y/N)?"

At that, her face immediately began to burn.

"You're in love!!" Crepus exclaimed. "Who is it?! I won't tell!"

Please say it's Kaeya, please say it's Kaeya!

(Y/N) frowned.

Will get into trouble if I tell Master Crepus..?

"I bet it's Kaeya~!" Crepus unexpectedly sang.