xl

• third person •

It wasn't long until Luca was allowed home. He had decided it would be better for him to stay at the Cathedral for the rest of the day, and went home as the sun began to set. His daughter remained at his side the entire day, even asking to sleep next to him during the night, but, at that point, all Luca really wanted was some time alone. Of course, his daughter respected his wishes, just like he would hers.

Now, it was morning. And, much to his content, his daughter was back.

Thankfully, he had had a very nice sleep. There was nothing like your own bed at home.

He was currently sitting up on the bed, rubbing his eyes. His head lifted when the door opened.

"Good morning, Dad..." (Y/N) mumbled with the slightest smile.

Luca gazed upon his daughter in silence when she walked in, climbing onto the bed, not hesitating for a second to snuggle right into him. Luca couldn't help returning the smile, gently nuzzling the top of her head with a kiss.

"Good morning sweetheart," he whispered. "Are you feeling okay?"

(Y/N) nodded. "Are you..?"

"Much better than before." Luca chuckled.

Her father raised an eyebrow when (Y/N) sat up, removing the blanket covering his torso. (Y/N) lifted his shirt slightly, examining the bandages with faint brown blood stains, but nothing to currently be concerned about.

"See?" Luca smiled. "I'm all good now. Don't worry, my lovely. I'll tell you if I'm not feeling well, okay?"

"Okay..." (Y/N) snuggled right back up to his side again.

Luca's gaze flickered as the room fell into silence once more.

He'd thought that the moment he got back they would have tons to talk about, just like when (Y/N) was little.

But right now, the silence was the loudest thing in the room.

Luca couldn't blame her. He was so desperate to see that she was safe in his delirium, he'd traumatised her in the process. He couldn't even imagine how it would have felt for her to see her father again after months just covered in fresh blood.

"I missed you," (Y/N) murmured. She took his hand, delicately caressing the back of it. "At least you kept your promise. You really did come back before I knew it."

Luca's lips curved in endearment. "I missed you so much more sweetheart. What have you been up to recently? I'm sorry I wasn't able to receive any of your recent letters... or send you any... I was..."

(Y/N) shook her head. "You don't have to explain. I'm just glad you're safe." Her eyes fluttered shut. "I didn't really have anything to update you on anyway... It was the same old day everyday. So I didn't... send anymore."

"Really..?" Luca smiled, his eyes narrowing ever-so-slightly. "I know I was a little... delirious at the time... but I'm sure the moment I saw you again, you and Crepus' son were about to share," (Y/N)'s eyebrows leapt, "a kiss!" Luca exclaimed with a grin.

Her father chuckled aloud when he could feel the increasing heat of (Y/N)'s face against him, rapidly hiding it in his shoulder. She shook her head, but wasn't able to rebuke it in the slightest.

Though, it was enough time her face was hidden for her not to notice the complicated look in his gaze, his lips pursing for a moment.

"You have feelings for Kaeya..?" Luca whispered.

"I guess..." (Y/N) mumbled. "He..." Her blush deepened. "He always makes me feel all... fluttery inside... but..."

"Dad..?"