li

• third person •

It was (Y/N)'s day off today. It was also her day off tomorrow, since Master Crepus wanted her to have fun on Diluc's birthday, despite the fact that the party was going to be after the sun had set.

She was currently sitting in her room, observing her mother's old jewellery once again. She held each necklace to her neck, pondering upon which one she could potentially wear tomorrow. Her mother had very beautiful necklaces, even if they weren't expensive ones. (Y/N) loved them all dearly, and treated them all with the utmost care, as if they were her teddy bears from when she was young.

(Y/N)'s head lifted when there was a knock on her door.

Her face softened when her father peeked in.

"Are you okay, sweetheart? I wanted to check up on you since you decided to eat breakfast up here."

(Y/N) nodded. "I'm fine... I just didn't feel like eating with everyone today..."

"Can I come in?"

(Y/N) nodded again. Her father smiled, slowly closing the door behind him. He sat on the floor beside her, his gaze falling upon the various jewellery boxes before them.

"What are you doing?" Luca questioned. He noticed the small mirror sitting in front of them, (Y/N)'s reflection meeting his eyes.

"I was just wondering what to wear for Diluc's party tomorrow... I wish I could just wear my maid uniform but Master Crepus won't let me work."

(Y/N) snuggled into her father as he pulled her in, his warmth instantly enveloping her. Luca's lips curved, his fingers so softly stroking her hair. "You've been working very hard recently, that's why. You deserve time to relax too, you know."

(Y/N) simply hummed, a slight sense of dissatisfaction in her tone. Luca observed the jewellery, unable to hide his smile as the memories of each one renewed in his brain.

He reached out, slowly picking out one of the golden necklaces.

It was (Y/N)'s childhood favourite. The necklace with three hoops.

"You know..." Luca's gaze was full of fondness of the past, "when you were beginning to talk, you named each of these hoops."

(Y/N) stared at the necklace as her father placed the pendant into his hand, the golden chain spilling through his fingers.

Luca pointed at each of the hoops as he spoke, "You named this one on the right 'Mama', and the one on the left 'Dada'. And this little one in the middle," unexpectedly, Luca burst into a small laughter, "was 'naughty baby'! Because back then, that was all we would call you! You were such a naughty baby, hehehe."

(Y/N) pursed her lips, before sucking in a harsh breath.

"Dad..." she mumbled.

Luca tilted his head.

"Don't..." she turned her head away, "don't you get sad... talking about Mom anymore..? It's like you can talk about her casually now but... it always makes my heart sink every time..."

Luca's eyebrows raised. He let out a soft sigh, his pupils falling upon the jewellery boxes again.

"Of course I get sad when it comes to her," he spoke softly. "But I've realised that no amount of sadness will bring her back. It's been eight years since she passed. I know she wouldn't want me to cling to her forever."

"So..." (Y/N)'s eyes narrowed, "you've... completely moved on..?"

With a small exhale, Luca leant back. "I wouldn't say that... Of course, I still love her dearly. She was my wife, after all. I miss her all of the time, and there are days I miss her more than ever. I've accepted that she has passed, that's all. I will never stop loving your mother."