xxii

• third person •

"(Y/N)! I've been looking for you everywhere!"

(Y/N) raised her head. Finally, she had made it back to the winery. The banquet was yet to start, and thankfully all of the maids seemed to be busy.

Her arm was wrapped around her stomach, her eyebrow raising in confusion.

(Y/N)'s pupils dilated slightly. The blonde girl ran up to her, her golden hair pinned up in the most beautiful bun, curled strands framing her porcelain face. She wore a gorgeous emerald green formal dress, complimenting her complexion perfectly.

"Jean..?" she mumbled, bewildered.

"I decided to come here early to help a bit! Diluc and Kaeya are still getting ready, so I thought I would help you with any of the preparations-! Uh, umm-"

Jean's brows furrowed for a moment, noticing how (Y/N)'s eyes only stared at her, though they seemed to be devoid of any sort of emotion.

"A-are you okay?" Jean held her arms delicately. "You look a bit pale."

(Y/N) winced, her head falling. Jean grabbed her without thought. Her body was falling weak.

"(Y/N)?" she called. "What's wrong?"

Unexpectedly, (Y/N) whined softly in pain, her breath beginning to heave. "You look beautiful, Jean- Ah..."

"This is not the time." Rapidly, Jean slipped her hand into (Y/N)'s, dragging her along upstairs as carefully as she could. (Y/N) couldn't find the energy in her to help herself, suddenly groaning in pain the moment they had ended up in her room.

Instantly, (Y/N) collapsed to the ground, tears trickling down onto the wooden floor. Jean's pupils shook in fright.

"(Y/N), do you know what's happening? Has this happened before?"

(Y/N) shook her head, breaking out into a sob. "It hurts. Yesterday- and-" Jean jumped when (Y/N) suddenly yelled out.

"L-let me get help!!"

Frantically, Jean shot to her feet, sprinting out of the room.

Thank god. Thank god she was there.

"Adelinde!" Jean exclaimed. Worry began to gloss over her eyes as she spoke. The head housemaid blinked, turning to face her. "There's something wrong with (Y/N)!"

The head housemaid dropped everything. Instantly, she followed the young Jean, only to find (Y/N) kneeling on the floor, bawling as she clutched her stomach, uncaring at all for how she looked right now.

"(Y/N)?!" Adelinde approached her, grabbing her hands. "Tell me: where's the pain?"

(Y/N) guided Adelinde to her lower stomach, the world around her only faded dark splotches. "What's wrong with me?" she sobbed. "Help..!" (Y/N) almost screamed, falling back to the floor. "Stop!!"

Adelinde turned to the trembling Jean. "Jean, can you go and grab the painkillers from the kitchen? They're in the first cupboard from the right."

Jean nodded immediately, rushing out.

"(Y/N), have you experienced pains like this before?"

"Yesterday!" she cried. "Not before! Please..!!"

(Y/N)'s cries calmed for a moment, her breathing heavy, her eyes clamped shut.

"So you've never experienced this pain on your period before?"

And once again, (Y/N) began to yell, gripping her own hair. "I've never had a period!" she screamed. "Why won't it stop?!"

The tension in Adelinde's shoulders eased slightly as she began to understand the situation.