xxvii

• third person •

Kaeya stared over the railing from the second floor of the winery, searching all over for his favourite maid.

Instantly, his starry eye lit up, before he rushed down the stairs, waving with a big grin.

"(Y/N)!" he called.

(Y/N) blinked, lifting her head as she handed a small pile of clothes to the maid she was working with.

"Yes, Master Kaeya?" she answered, a slight flush in her cheeks.

Kaeya beamed. "I got these new trousers that need fitting. Can you help?"

(Y/N) turned towards the maid beside her. She only bowed a little to Master Kaeya, before taking the rest of the clothes off (Y/N), not sparing a single glance at her.

"O-okay." (Y/N) smiled.

Almost immediately, (Y/N) followed Kaeya to his room, where he shut the door behind them.

"Since when do you buy your own trousers?" (Y/N) questioned with a curious pout.

"Since never," Kaeya snickered. Without warning, he grabbed her hands. "What do you wanna do?"

(Y/N) tilted her head in confusion. "Huh?"

Her face reddened when Kaeya rubbed his forehead against hers, their fingers clasping beneath the golden sunlight that reflected upon them.

"I just grabbed you a break! We can do whatever you want!"

"Won't this get me in trouble?" (Y/N) pouted, about to fold her arms but she didn't want to let go of Kaeya.

"Why would you get in trouble if you're just carrying out your orders?" Kaeya grinned. "If anyone questions you, I'll defend you, don't worry, hehe!"

(Y/N)'s gaze fell in thought.

And then, her face lit up with that adorable smile once again.

"Okay."

A strangely comfortable silence draped over the pair, their hands still holding each other's so delicately, staring into each other's eyes like they were the only people in the world.

"I want to go home," (Y/N) stated abruptly.

Kaeya's shoulders raised. "Wh-what?"

"I miss my dad a little more today, so I wanted to visit my house for a bit. Will you come with me?"

"Oh..." With a sigh, Kaeya's eye softened. "Okay then. Sure!"

After some very thorough sneaking out, (Y/N) and Kaeya finally reached Springvale, where the winds blew strong, whistling through the grass that surrounded their feet.

Kaeya glanced around. Everyone seemed to be inside in this weather, but...

There was an odd feeling in his stomach.

Did it always used to feel so... hostile here..?

I can feel eyes... everywhere.

(Y/N)'s hand was in his, cheerily dragging him along to her house. Sure, she was a lot happier these days, but... surely she must have been noticing this feeling too... right?

Or was she used to it..? Eyes, peering everywhere. Perhaps he should have been familiar with it, when he was new to Mondstadt, but those eyes were never so...