xxviii

• third person •

Currents of air rushed past the two as they sped through of the building. There was no time to check if their opponents were behind them. All they knew was that they had to run.

"I-Is he unconscious? Did you knock him unconscious?!"

Leon rolled his eyes, clutching Luca's waist. He had thrown him over his shoulder. "Why would I fucking do that?! I don't know why he just fucking fainted like this!"

August's breath heaved with a small smile. "Maybe the exhaustion got him all at once. You couldn't have calmed him in a less sexually tense way, could you?"

Finally, they had made it outside. The brittle winds that hit them immediately halted the outburst Leon was about to have. He groaned, just giving up. He knew he was never going to win against August.

Leon pulled out a few spherical objects from his pocket. He slammed them to the ground, causing an explosion of smoke behind them as they continued to run.

"You act as if I want to fuck this guy while he's like this," Leon huffed. "I'm attracted to the cool and collected Luca, not the batshit insane one."

August raised his eyebrows. "Oh, you're even admitting you're attracted to him now? I thought you didn't like men," he teased.

Once again, Leon rolled his eyes, not saying another word.

"He could probably do with some sex right now, don't you think? If pinning him against a wall calmed him down, maybe a good—"

"What happened..?" they heard a murmur.

Leon's face burned red. He averted his gaze.

"L-Leon..?" Luca suddenly clutched onto him. "What..??"

And then, his eyes shot wide.

"Duck!!" Luca abruptly exclaimed.

Both Leon and August ducked at Luca's command, firey bullets shooting straight above them.

"How far are they?" August asked rapidly.

"A-about two hundred metres. I...is this my fault?"

"Don't mind it." Leon shook his head, tightening his grip on Luca. "You just keep your eyes on them, and let us know what's happening."

"O-okay. Wait."

Luca gripped Leon's jacket, and, within a few seconds, a yellow glow became of both Leon's and August's bodies.

"I've shielded you both," Luca stated. "Try not to break it."

Leon's eyes narrowed. "What about you? Shield yourself first!"

"I need to regenerate..." Luca's head fell weakly. "Suddenly, I feel so exhausted."

"Yeah, we can tell. Well hurry up and get your shield back up. We don't need you to get even more hurt."

"Shit."

Leon looked over at August in front of them. "What?"

"A huge fucking lake up ahead. I don't see any bridges. Anyone got a pair of ice skates?"

"Luca can–" Leon glanced at Luca.

He looks like he's about to faint again.

His eyes narrowed with a sigh.

Luca let out a heavy breath, sinking into Leon's shoulder. "Break the ice, and jump in..."

Both Leon and August snapped towards their insane captain.