xi

• five years later •

• third person •

It had been five years since her friends had last seen (Y/N).

Of course, they always visited, brought gifts, chatted with her father, but not once did she leave her room when they were there.

She didn't understand why they kept coming. Why they didn't give up. But she didn't care much anymore. It was only a matter of time.

After hearing the front door close, (Y/N) stepped out of her room, slowly making her way downstairs.

"Oh, (Y/N)!" She was immediately met by her father, who held a large container. "You just missed them again. Diluc and Kaeya brought you a whole batch of freshly picked grapes! It seems the harvest is good this year."

"Oh... Are they nice?" (Y/N) peered at the purple grapes, the drops of water upon them shimmering in the sunlight spilling through the window.

"You tell me." Her father chuckled. "You can take them to your room if you want."

(Y/N) shook her head. She only popped one of the grapes into her mouth, before making her way towards the living room. A slight pout formed upon her father's lips.

He placed the container of grapes down into the kitchen, before following his daughter into the living room, where she was staring at herself in the mirror.

His head tilted. "Are you... headed somewhere?" Luca's eyes widened in curiosity and surprise. (Y/N) very rarely left the house these days. If she did it would usually just be a walk in the garden, in her pyjamas, because he had recommended it himself.

(Y/N) was silent, her gaze falling.

A bittersweet smile spread across Luca's lips. "Your friends brought gifts as well. For your birthday. They were busy yesterday unfortunately. They wished they could have a little belated celebration with you."

"Oh... That's nice of them." (Y/N) turned slightly. "I'll have a look once I'm back."

Luca nodded. "I'll put them in your room then."

"Thanks Dad."

(Y/N) slowly approached him. His gaze softened as she wrapped her arms around him gently, melting into his warmth, her eyes fluttering shut. Her father immediately returned the hug, clutching her lovingly.

"I love you, Dad."

"I love you too. Be back soon, okay?"

She nodded. "I won't be long."

And with that, (Y/N) said a quick goodbye to her father, before leaving the house. Her father watched from the door as she left, waving fondly, until she was out of sight.

A shaky sigh escaped his lips the moment he shut the door.

"It seems... her childish spirit really left with you, Ilse," he spoke solemnly.

To her dismay, (Y/N)'s friends weren't too far ahead from where she was walking. Though, luckily for her, it seemed the young knights had turned towards the large bridge leading into Mondstadt, the opposite way of her destination. A soft exhale left her lips as she continued on her way.