lii

• third person •

It was midnight in Springvale. The moon had long risen, and the spring showers were relentless as if in mourning for the final day of April.

Everyone in the house was asleep. At least, that was what Luca believed.

He slipped into his room, the door slightly creaking behind him. There was a shuffle in his bed, where Leon was peacefully snoozing, though half of the blanket was hanging off the bed.

Luca approached, slowly lifting it back up again. Though, when he did so, Leon grumbled. He sniffled for a second or two, and then, his eyes ever-so-slightly cracked open.

"Luca..." he murmured. "I can smell you..."

Luca couldn't help his smile. "Shh... Go back to sleep."

Leon hummed, rubbing his eye. "What're you doing... Finally come to sleep with me..?"

Leon's eyelashes fluttered when Luca leant down a little, stroking his hair back with his hand. "Not today. I'm just grabbing my coat. It's pouring it down out there."

"Where're you going..? Stay with me..." Leon whined. "What time is it..?"

"Just past midnight. Shh, you'll wake people up. I'm just going to take a walk, that's all."

"You'll get sick." Leon frowned. "Go on a walk in the morning... I'll join you..."

"No I..." Luca frowned. "I just... I want to be by myself for a bit."

At that, finally, Leon's sapphire blue eyes opened fully.

"Are you okay..?" he murmured. "You look..."

All of a sudden, Leon shot up.

"Are you crying..?!" he exclaimed.

Luca's eyebrows knitted. "No..?"

He sniffled, reaching up to his face.

Single water droplets seeped down his cheeks, dripping solemnly off his chin.

He very much indeed was crying.

"Oh..."

Luca turned away.

"I'm leaving now... Go back to sleep."

Leon pushed the blanket off him, moving to the edge of the bed. "Hey... What's wrong?"

Luca hurriedly grabbed his coat, approaching the door again.

"Wait. Hold on."

Luca stood still.

Leon shuffled off the bed. Luca glanced at him as Leon's hand found its way into his.

With a sigh, Luca turned to face him.

Leon reached out, delicately wiping his tears away with his thumb.

Luca's eyes softened, suddenly unable to say a thing.

"Well... let me know when you're back, okay..? Even if I'm asleep again."

"I will..."

A small smile curved Luca's lips when Leon leant forward, his fingers just gently wrapping around his, before they shared a soft kiss.

Luca stared at him quietly when Leon remained, the foreheads touching, their fingers still clasped.

"I'm going now," Luca whispered.

"Okay... See you later."

Eventually, Leon moved back, slowly releasing Luca's hand.

"Make sure you sleep soon. Don't fall asleep out there, or else I will go searching for you, even in this rain."