iv

• third person •

The little child scrambled across her small house, rushing into the kitchen to place her used dishes into the sink. Rapidly, she waddled back towards her mother in front of the door, the widest beam upon her lips.

"Is he here? Is he here yet?!" (Y/N) couldn't contain her excitement as she jumped up and down, grabbing her mother's hand, clutching it, giggles after giggles escaping her lips.

"Just wait a moment... Did you finish your breakfast?"

"Mhm! Mhm! I ate reeeally quick today!!!"

(Y/N)'s mother lifted her up, brushing her fingers through her hair. "Good girl. Now wait patiently, okay? He'll be here any moment."

"Okay!" (Y/N) exclaimed. She squirmed uncontrollably in her mother's arms, much too ecstatic to stay still. Her father was only gone for weeks rather than months, yet she still missed him so dearly.

And, finally, that very click caused a squeal to erupt from the child, and then...

The door opened.

"Daddy!" (Y/N) burst out.

Her mother stepped forward with their child, the very person they had been waiting for finally stood right before them.

"(Y/N)!!!" her father shouted with excitement.

Instantly, (Y/N) leapt from her mother's arms to her father's, squealing as she snuggled into his arms with the biggest hug she could give. Her father laughed aloud, spinning her around, before pulling his wife into a small kiss, with the gentlest smile.

"I missed you sooooo so so so so so much, Dad!!!! I missed you!!!! I missed you I missed you!!!!! You know Dad, I made lots of friends and they're so nice to me!!!!!! I loovvee them and I love Mommy and I love you Dad!!!!!!"

Her father laughed softly, lovingly kissing his daughter's cheek. (Y/N) giggled, one of her eyes closing as he did so. "Oh, sweetheart. Dad missed you more than you could ever imagine! You should tell me aaallll about your new friends soon, alright?"

"Mhm! Mhm!"

(Y/N)'s mother slightly frowned, looking away.

With a chuckle, (Y/N)'s father brought her into the kitchen, placing his briefcase upon the table. Her mother followed soon after.

"Actually..." she mumbled. Her voice faded. Her husband glanced at her, taking in her appearance.

"Are you headed to work?" She was in her maid uniform. "It's alright. (Y/N) and I will wait for you and then we can spend some time together once you get home." Her father sat down, placing (Y/N) into his lap, however she only leapt out, scurrying over to her mother.

"But I have to go with Mom to see Kaeya and Diluc again! Maybe Jean too if she comes again today!"

Her mother shook her head. "Since your father's back, you can stay home with him now. No more seeing Kaeya and Diluc and Jean."

(Y/N) blinked. "Huh?"

(Y/N) watched as her mother averted her gaze, heaving a harsh sigh. Her father's pupils fell.

"Kaeya, Diluc and Jean... aren't your friends, (Y/N)," her mother muttered.

"Yes they are!" (Y/N) retorted. "Master Crepus said they'll always be my friends!""

"Listen, (Y/N)..." Her mother knelt down, looking her daughter into her eyes. "I was supposed to tell you this before but..."

(Y/N)'s eyebrows furrowed.