After we exchanged our goodbyes with the rest of the group, we all piled into Logan's truck and headed back to Logan's studio apartment.

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Wednesday, March 26th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

"The waitress seemed bitchy to me," Tiffany grumbles as she slides into the booth.

Evangeline and I sat across from her and Logan. We all came out to eat breakfast one last time before we head back to Hollow Grove later today. We would leave the next morning instead, but Tiffany was already itching to go back home and not waste another precious day in 'stinky Texas'.

"I can't wait to jump into the pool and sleep in my bed," Tiffany says.

"What's wrong with mine?" Logan asks, looking a bit offended at her statement.

"It's not even a Tempur-Pedic," she says, rolling her eyes.

"You didn't seem to complain when you climbed into my bed last night," Logan shoots back.

Evangeline looks at Tiffany with a surprised look on her face and Tiffany shrugs at her. "Game is game."

"Y-you don't seem the type to like g-guys like Logan," I comment.

"I didn't at first, but I found him to be kind of cute when he wouldn't open his mouth," Tiffany chuckles.

"I guess I could pay a visit to Hollow Grove when school is over. Maybe you can give me a tour of your bed," Logan says, a smirk on his face.

"Ambrose, put your friend on a leash. He's acting like a horn dog," Tiffany scoffs.

"Oh, that's not—" Logan is interrupted by the waitress who stands at the edge of the table, waiting for us to order.

After we ate, I had told Evangeline that I would take her someplace that meant a lot to me. Logan was going to head to the tattoo parlor to get something done on his back. Of course Tiffany wanted to tag along.

So we split up and Logan let me take his truck while Tiffany and Logan stayed at the tattoo parlor.

"So where are we going?" Evangeline asks, clicking her seatbelt as she settles into the passenger seat.

"My old house," I say.

Her curious glint in her eyes seemed to disappear when she realized what I had said. She knows the horrors that went on in that house.

"Ambrose," she says softly, "we don't have to go there if you don't want to."

I shake my head. "I need to."

She reaches for my hand that rests on the gearshift. "I won't let you do it alone."

With the confidence that she would be by my side, I turned the truck on and started heading towards the direction of my old neighborhood.

When we got to the quiet suburban neighborhood, I noticed that my old house was still on the market. I remember overhearing Jen and Sandra talking about how once they sell the house, they wanted to put it towards their retirement fund.

A real estate agent stands outside fixing the open house sign and makes sure that the front steps of the house are clear of any trash. The light blue house stood two stories tall with a large front yard and bushes lining up the exterior walls. I could see the window of where my old room was.

Evangeline and I exit the truck and walk up the steps.

"Oh," the agent looks at us with a surprised look. "Are you guys also here to tour the house?" She asks.