Chapter Thirty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Jungkook, neither I nor anybody else brought a gift for you or anyone else. It's not that type of date. Just come downstairs; that's all I need."

"Seokjin-"

"All right, order the gift for me and keep quiet."

*****

"This is nice. I don't know when it will be possible for me to afford something like this," Taehyung said as he and Jimin continued to wander around Jungkook's home.

Jimin squeezed Taehyung's hand, saying, "We don't need anything this huge. I'd prefer somewhere small and comfortable, comparable to where we live. Homes this size often make me worry that someone else is living with me, and I am unaware of it."

Hoseok laughed as he overheard Jimin and Taehyung. "It's funny, but I agree. You don't need a large house; instead, strive for something that gives comfort and makes you feel at home. Because of his upbringing, I had to preach it to my husband before he understood. Though I understand why Jungkook has this house and how it's built, it still seems very comfortable and personal. I've always wanted to know who the designer that he worked with was, but he refused to tell me."

"Hey guys!" Jin called out as he entered the room where everyone was, and Jungkook slowly followed. "I'm happy you guys came by on such short notice, but I thought it was a nice chance for us to get together and hang out. I also wanted to take the opportunity to meet Yoongi." Jin said, searching around until he found Yoongi. "Thank you for coming."

Yoongi grinned and said, "No worries. I've always wanted to meet you officially. Jungkook told me a lot about you."

"Has he?" Jin questioned with a grin, then turned to face Jungkook and stared at him. "What did you tell your brother about me?"

"If I deemed it necessary to share, I would have already informed you."

Jin glared at him and said, "You're being rude."

"I'm sorry, Seokjin, but I'm unsure of any other suitable response to that."

"Forget it."

"I made cookies, your favorite," Jin said as he turned to face Taehyung and Jimin.

"You did?" Taehyung was ecstatic to hear Jin had cooked cookies. "Where are they?"

"In the kitchen, but they're for later. Jungkook had food prepared, and I would prefer we eat it first."

"Can I just have one of the cookies, please?" Taehyung asked, turning to face Jimin. "You have to try them. Jinnie makes the best cookies."

"Only one because I don't want dinner to go to waste," Jin said, waving to Hoseok and Yoongi. "Do you want to join us in the kitchen to try some cookies I made?"

Jin smiled as everyone went to the kitchen without saying anything more.

Seeing everyone sample his cookies and praising him for their excellence made him happier. It was incredibly satisfying to discover that his baking efforts had not gone unappreciated.

Jungkook lingered near the kitchen entrance, grateful that Jin's hard work had paid off. He was uncertain whether the cookies would be consumed, but observing how everyone kept returning for more brought him satisfaction, knowing he wouldn't have to consume all the cookies alone.

At that moment, he realized that despite his initial reluctance to have anyone besides Jin and Bam in his home, he felt grateful that they had come to help devour the cookies Jin had baked. He could also observe the joy it brought Jin, which held a lot of meaning for him.

Upon witnessing Jimin's request for a container to take some cookies home, he observed a rare instance of his assistant displaying initiative and taking the appropriate action without being demanded.