Chapter Twenty

When Jin's best friend told him they needed to talk, Jin was suspicious. He was getting ready for a date with Jungkook, which he didn't think would go well, but after putting it off for a month and saying he was busy, he realized he couldn't put it off any longer. He agreed that they could be friends, but Jungkook's idea of a friend differed greatly from his.

"This better be important. I still can't find the best jeans to go with this shirt."

Taehyung looked him up and down, "I thought this wasn't a date?"

"No, it's not, but I still need to look good. Have you seen what that guy wears? Why would I show up looking homeless next to him? I don't even know where he is taking me; all I know is he said jeans were acceptable."

"You have never looked homeless, so quit pretending as you have. Just say that you want to look your best and please him."

"I do not! Shut up. You are the most annoying person in the world. What do you want to talk about? What's so important that it can't wait until I get home?" Jin crossed his arms and looked at Taehyung as he tried to figure out which pair of jeans in his closet would go best with what he was wearing.

Taehyung sighed as he looked down at the ground, "I have kind of wanted to tell you this since last month, but-"

"Are you going to be living with Jimin?" Jin had already sensed it in his spirit, and he had seen that Taehyung did not spend much time at their apartment, so it did not surprise him that he would be making that decision.

"That's somewhat of what I meant to say, but not quite. You know that I wouldn't just get up and leave you here. I will continue to be accountable for my share of the expenses and the things I promised you."

"You don't need to worry about anything, Taehyung. You should move in with Jimin if that's what you want. Although I still believe it to be too quick, what do I know? Every relationship is different. Jimin does seem a lot different from all the other people I have seen you with, however, so maybe there is a possibility that things may work out."

Jin had seen Taehyung in several relationships, and although none had ever succeeded, he understood that this was often because Taehyung jumped in headfirst without much thinking. When it comes to his prior experiences, he had some comparable flaws, but not because he dove headfirst.

"I seriously hope so because he is also pregnant," Taehyung said after taking a long breath.

"What did you say?" Jin's eyes sprung open in surprise.

"That's kind of what I wanted to talk about with you. We discovered he was expecting a month ago."

"What the hell? Wow. Oh damn. Well, congratulations, I guess." Jin was too stunned to gather his words together.

"I know. It was shocking for us too. However, I am confident that he is someone I want to be with, and we will make it work."

When Jin realized what Taehyung was saying, he nodded in agreement. "If you are confident and this is how you view the next chapter of your life, then I am happy for you. Jimin seems like a really nice man, as I have said. He also has a great deal of patience, which is important for parents. He has previous experience with patience and understanding, so you're all off to a wonderful start.

I hope you also understand the new responsibilities that will come into your life and are equipped to handle them. Have you told your parents the news?"

"No. That's why I wanted to tell you first. Do you think you can come with me when I tell my mom? She will like Jimin, right? What do you think?"

Jin rolled his eyes and said, "Of course, she would like Jimin, and you don't need me there. I'm not necessary. It would be best if you put her in contact with Jimin. She will be relieved to hear that you have found someone to be with who is financially independent and does not depend on you."