Chapter Twelve

A/N: This chapter is for the ones who signed the petition! 

Unfortunately, the ones who did not also still get to read it, but WP doesn't have the feature to select who reads. I need them to implement that.

****

As soon as he heard the door shut, Seokjin exhaled a long and slow breath. That had not gone according to how he had envisioned it going at all. On the other hand, he felt relieved that he had done away with it. At least he wouldn't need to be concerned with Jungkook any longer.

He was only worried about the possibility that Jimin might lose his job due to what he had said to Jungkook. He, however, hoped that would not be the case for Jimin. He didn't know Jimin well, but from the few interactions, he seemed like a nice guy. Also, he knew Taehyung had a sincere interest when it came to Jimin, so he didn't want anything to go wrong there.

He sighed as he concluded that it was no longer his problem to worry about, that he had done his best, and that he deserved a lot of respect for getting as far as he had gotten despite the things he had endured.

With a stretch of his arms, he spun and smiled, "you did good, Seokjin."

His grin vanished immediately as he became conscious of something he had not considered before. "Oh my god, how am I going to get home?"

"I could give Taehyung a call, or check to see if there is a bus, or- "It was around this time that the door to the hotel suite opened, and he was taken aback when he saw Jungkook standing there. He must have blinked many times before processing that he saw correctly.

"I am not here to provide you another opportunity. I left the room without gathering my belongings."

Jin pursed his lips and nodded his head in understanding. "Understood." He had not been expecting Jungkook back.

Jungkook avoided making eye contact with him and went directly to the room where he had been staying.

Not wanting any more awkward encounters, Jin turned to go to his room, but Jungkook's voice stopped him.

"When you are ready to leave the hotel, call the front desk; they will have a car take you home. The suite is fully paid for. Stay until tomorrow if that satisfies you."

Jin looked at Jungkook; he was pleasantly surprised that he had arranged for a ride home for him. That was something he certainly did not need to do.

"Oh, thank you. You didn't have to do that."

"I brought you here. It's important to me that you get back home safely. After that, what you do with your life does not matter to me."

"Make sense. Umm, well, thank you. I appreciate it."

"At least you are capable of appreciating something."

Jin was once again stunned; he couldn't understand Jungkook, even if he wanted to attempt to understand him.

"Goodbye, Seokjin."

"My best wishes to you, Jungkook, and I am sorry this did not turn out as you might have hoped."

After a brief pause, Jungkook looked directly at Jin and said, "There's no need to apologize for something you did on purpose. You gave in to your friend's pressure and agreed to go on a date with me so that your friend could date my assistant. You intended for this to happen. Don't feel like you need to apologize since I'm sure things turned out well for you.

It should be the other way around; I should be the one feeling bad for having entertained the notion that I could provide you an opportunity that is quite evident that you did not value. It is not your fault; I am to blame for it."