Chapter Thirty-One

A/N: Onto my complicated character whose vocabulary surpasses mine. 

****

Jungkook carefully carried a tray filled with tea, cheese, and crackers, making his way towards the table. He carefully set the tray on the table and then placed the two tea cups in front of Jin's parents.

"I only have this kind of tea in my house, but I'm unsure if it's what you prefer. My assistant is currently experiencing some issues, which has led to a habit of not answering his phone promptly. This makes it difficult for me to check if there are any other options I could have offered you."

Jin let out a tired sigh and couldn't help but roll his eyes as he listened to Jungkook's lengthy explanation about tea to his parents, knowing very well that his parents had no interest in the topic. However, he didn't dare say anything about it as he felt he was already in enough trouble.

"Thank you." Jin's mother, Eun-yoo, politely responded to Jungkook, expressing her gratitude for his kindness.

Jin's father, Hoon, remained silent and fixed his gaze on Jungkook without uttering a word.

Jungkook sat beside Jin, hopeful as he prepared to initiate a conversation that he deemed important and necessary. Jungkook was pleased that Jin took the initiative to invite his parents to his house. However, he would have preferred some advance notice. Nonetheless, he understood the urgency behind their need to visit him.

"I am grateful that you have chosen to join us here. I'm not certain if Seokjin has informed you, but I had intended to extend an invitation to you as well."

"What are your intentions regarding our son?" Hoon, Jin's father, interjected with a serious tone, cutting Jungkook off.

Jin's gaze swiftly turned towards his parents as he spoke strongly, "Dad, I already mentioned that we are working together to figure it out."

"Seokjin, I didn't ask for your input. I inquire of the man who is seated across from us. I have already heard everything you have to say! I am having difficulty understanding you. It's surprising to see you pregnant so soon after graduating from school. I warned you that being friends with Taehyung would lead you down this path."

"Hoon, Taehyung is a kind person and a sweetheart. Let's avoid involving him in this situation, please. Seokjin did this independently." Eun-yoo spoke to her husband.

"He is not a sweetheart! If he hadn't gotten someone pregnant, Seokjin wouldn't have found the motivation to become pregnant now!" Hoon raised his voice and turned to Jungkook, asking, "Why are you so quiet? Do you have no consideration after knocking up our son?"

"Mr. Kim, I have chosen to remain silent because you have been continuously speaking without pausing since you asked your question. Since this is our first in-person meeting, I would like to provide you with the opportunity to express your frustrations openly.

I had previously communicated to Seokjin about this situation, as we are not in a committed relationship. I anticipated that you might not be pleased with this discovery, and I apologize for not taking more proactive measures to avoid this situation.

Regarding the accusation of knocking up your son, I want to clarify that I have never engaged in any form of physical contact with Seokjin that-"

"Jungkook, he meant you got me pregnant." Upon realizing that he didn't understand, Jin quickly explained.

"Oh. The way you phrased it is perplexing. I apologize, Mr. Kim, for my previous failure to fulfill my responsibilities. Seokjin and I were surprised by this outcome, and we had no intention of emulating Taehyung's path. I strongly oppose every course of action that man takes, so I do not intend to pursue a similar path.