Chapter Two

"I brought dinner." Seokjin's best friend and roommate, Taehyung, announced as he entered their apartment.

Jin sprung to his feet from the couch and dashed into their kitchen, eager to see what Taehyung had brought home with him.

"How did you know I was starving?"

"When aren't you?"

"A valid point. However, I've had such a terrible day today, so I needed this. I was not in the mood to cook, and I had a twelve-page paper due that kicked my ass. If this weren't my last semester, I swear to myself that I would just quit." Jin took the bag from Taehyung's hand, curious to see what they would have for dinner.

While Taehyung listened, he laughed and said, "I doubt it. You are not a quitter. What went wrong that caused you to have such a bad day? My situation was far worse; I was dumped, but we were prepared for that."

Jin couldn't hold back his laughter as he said, "damn, he really dumped you?"

Taehyung exhaled deeply and said, "certainly did. However, I am quite offended since he did it soon after I paid for his meal."

"See, I told you he was a complete asshole. Speaking of assholes, I came across one today! Because of Bailey, I am responsible for paying for whatever damages were caused to his suit and for some silly cup of coffee and who knows what else. I'm not going to pay, and I've already warned Bailey's owners that they should prepare themselves for a bill whenever I receive it."

"You were totally right. However, I am relieved that everything is done with. He did not measure up. The next time I go out with someone, I'm going to prioritize getting to know that person. No more jumping headfirst into new relationships. Now, hold on, why are you paying for coffee, and what exactly did Bailey do?"

While taking the food out of the bag and leaning on the kitchen counter, Jin said, "You should definitely do that and put yourself first for once. Put a stop to supporting these fools financially, they are not worth it, and you are being used. If you take things a little slower, I believe you'll meet a good person that both your mother and I will like.

As for Bailey, you are fully aware of her temperament. She craves attention, but I think she wasn't receiving as much as she needed today, so she went out of her way to get it. She does this a lot.

She knocked down this asshole, and he came running over to shout at us. I think he gave Bailey a run for her money with all that barking. Then warned me that I shouldn't be out walking a dog as big as Bailey. I should have a dog my size; so darn disrespectful. It really got to me. I really wish I had brought Lucky with me because I'm sure he would have pulled all of his clothes off.

Do not misunderstand. Bailey was in the wrong, and you are well aware of the difficulty I have in walking her, but he was so impolite that it was difficult for me to maintain my composure. Bailey was referred to as a mongrel by him. I mean, really, who says things like that?" Jin was upset just thinking about the situation again.

"Wow-" The ringing of Jin's phone caused Taehyung to halt what he was about to say, and Jin gestured for him to give him a minute by holding up his hand.

"Hello?... This is him.....Oh.... Wait, I am sorry, but why is it two cups of coffee when he just had one, and what do you mean when you say that he wants me to deliver it to him?" As Jin listened to the person on the other end of the line, he could not believe what he was hearing.

"No. I do not do errands, and I do not believe that bringing him the coffee is required of me. Although I have promised to pay for it, I have in no way committed that I would deliver it, and I would ask that it be made clear that I only agreed to pay for one cup of coffee, not two. Are there any other charges that I need to be aware of that I haven't been told about?........sure, thank you. I will await the update."