Chapter Eight

"What's this?" Taehyung asked as he took up the paper Jin had dropped in front of him.

"Sign it. Since I'm putting my life on the line, I won't just take your word for it. You'll have to pay all the bills for the next six months."

Taehyung laughed and said, "wow. Okay, I'll sign it as you requested. I was serious about keeping my promises. As long as you keep up your end of the bargain, I'll keep up mine."

Jin cocked his head and said, "good, sign it. Last night at midnight, that man called me. Then I had to see him when I went to get Bam this morning. I've never been so quick to grab a dog. Still, I'm fine. I'll do it this one time. While you pay my bills for the next six months, I'll be able to save money so I can go on a trip when I'm done with school."

"I need to get a pen-"

"Here you go. There's one ready and waiting for you. Now, you sign it."

"Seokjin, once I sign this, there is no turning back on this deal," Taehyung cast a glance in the direction of his friend to ascertain whether or not the latter was still comfortable with the terms they had agreed upon.

"I won't; just sign it."

******

"You have gotta be kidding me! Taehyung!" A scream came from Jin. When he read the message, he was completely shocked by what he had read and couldn't believe it.

"Something happened?" Taehyung asked as he hurried into the living room where Jin was seated.

He was met with a frown from Jin, who asked, "why did I just receive a weekend trip itinerary from Jimin for a date with Jungkook?"

Taehyung swallowed and looked away from Jin, "umm-"

"You said it would be one date. What the flipping heck type of date is this? Why does he want to go on a trip with me in the first place? This is really insane."

Taehyung took his time and slowly made his way into the area where Jin was seated, successfully managing to keep his distance. "Okay, here's the deal: I just finished a conversation with Jimin about five minutes ago. I had planned to see you and discuss this situation with you. I had no idea Jungkook would even consider going on a date like this.

Jimin said that he was the one who organized the trip and made all of the arrangements. Also, he assured me there was no need for concern since you would not be rooming with Jungkook. He made reservations for a two-bedroom suite so that you would have your own space.

I know it's not the best option for a date compared to what we anticipated he would choose, but I don't know. I can understand your concern with it if you want to express it. I warned Jimin that you probably wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of being away with him for the weekend, and to tell you the truth, I believe that it's too much for a first date to ask of someone. I know I asked you to do this for me so that I might benefit from it, but what he is proposing is not in line with what I had in mind. I have no problem with you calling off your plans with him."

Taehyung didn't think Jungkook would have chosen to go away with Seokjin for the weekend, and he told Jimin as much. He knew Jin wouldn't like it and didn't want to put that much pressure on Jin.

"Pay my bills for a year."

"What?"

"I will go only if you promise to pay my rent and utilities for the next twelve months. Because this isn't technically one date, but rather a weekend trip where I will need to tolerate his ass, I will need to be rewarded generously for it."

Taehyung regarded Jin with a bemused expression and asked, "you would honestly go?"

"Yes, I would. Providing that my expenses for the next 12 months are covered. You said there are different rooms, so I'll have no problem pretending to be ill the minute I enter one. Even though I would likely have no choice but to suffer through the trip while listening to him, I will have headphones with me."