Chapter Twenty-Two

"Seriously!" Jin let out a grumble before reaching over to grab his phone from the pillow next to him. He slid the button that answered and held the phone up to his ear while saying, "hello?" with his eyes just partially closed.

"How are you doing this morning, Seokjin?"

Jin groaned deeply and clenched his eyes shut as he ended the call. He was irritated that he was awakened from sleep, but as soon as he opened his eyes, he leaped up and exclaimed, "oh, shit."

He dialed back the number, rubbed his eyes, and waited for an answer.

"Hello, Seokjin, There was a break in communication during our most recent call. Nevertheless, it appears you are still asleep-"

"I will be ready in twenty minutes. I overslept. I will meet you soon."

"It is unnecessary for us to meet. I made a few adjustments to my calendar and drove over to pick you up."

"You are outside?" When Jin asked, his eyes became even wider.

"Yes, Seokjin. I consider the location where I am can be classified as being outside. To be more specific, for your understanding, I am outside of your home."

Jin decided not to respond to Jungkook as he slid out of bed and walked to his front door, which he unlocked; at that point, he responded, "the front door is unlocked; you can come in while I get ready instead of waiting outside."

Once the call ended, Jin had no time to go to his room before Jungkook opened the front door and walked inside. He looked at Jungkook as he did his morning stretch, stretched his arms, and apologized, saying, "I am sorry. I went to bed late and completely forgot to set the alarm."

Jungkook turned his head to look toward the wall when he caught a glimpse of Jin's attire, which consisted of him wearing a t-shirt that reached the upper part of his thigh. Jungkook did not think seeing Jin in such clothing was appropriate, so he focused his attention on the wall.

"What transpired that allowed you to go to bed so late?"

"Last night, Taehyung moved out." Jin groaned, realizing how odd it was to confess that he was living alone for the first time.

"How did that affect your sleeping? Were you a part of the move that took place?"

The look on Jin's face shifted as he narrowed his eyes and stared at Jungkook. "Yes, I was! Since he is my best friend, I felt it was important to help him. It would have been rude of me to go to sleep without offering any help first."

"There is no justification for your heightened tone of voice, Seokjin. If you were exhausted, he, as your self-proclaimed best friend, should have been sympathetic to the fact that you needed to rest.

I do not doubt that Jimin would have been there for him to help. In case you were unaware, Jimin is dependable and on time almost all of the time, except for one recent occasion due to his personal dilemmas."

"You- I am going to shower."

"I would appreciate it if you kept that information to yourself." Jungkook made the statement as he made his way into Jin's kitchen.

Jin was already in his room and did not hear what Jungkook had to say. He immediately asked himself why he had agreed to go out with Jungkook again. But he sighed as he looked around his room at the recent gifts he had gotten that were both unexpected and thoughtful.

"I swear that if he spoke less, things would go much more smoothly." When he peeled off his clothing and made his way to the door to the bathroom, he muttered to himself.