Chapter Twenty-Four

Upon arriving home, Jungkook hadn't anticipated stumbling upon Seokjin sleeping on his couch with Bam by his side.

He gazed at Jin's slumbering form on the couch, his eyes then connecting with Bam's. Bam stretched lazily but made no effort to rise and welcome him. Instead, he inched closer to Jin.

"I am your owner," Jungkook declared, his tone carrying a sense of authority, "why aren't you greeting me?"

Bam stared at him but did not move and remained rooted in place next to Jin; his only response was a gentle wag of his tail.

With a subtle shift of his gaze, Jungkook redirected his attention from Bam to Jin. His eyes lingered on the slumbering figure, a perplexed expression on his face. How was it possible, he wondered, for Jin to be sleeping so soundly?

With a quick flick of his eyes, he stole a glance at his watch. His brows furrowed in confusion as he muttered, "It's merely seven o'clock, yet why is he already sleeping?"

"Seokjin, why are you sleeping on my couch?" Jungkook leaned in, studying Jin's face.

Jin's eyes fluttered open, and a momentary confusion washed over him as he found himself met with Jungkook's intense gaze. However, the reality of his surroundings quickly snapped him back to consciousness. He let out a groan, stretching his arms and legs and yawning.

"Sorry, I think I must've dozed off." He muttered. He hadn't gotten much sleep the previous night, and after hanging out with Jungkook earlier and spending the rest of the day at Taehyung's, he had intended to go home and get some rest. However, his plans took a detour when he received a call from Hoseok, who asked him to take care of Bam.

"This is the reason why one should sleep at night. As I am about to prepare dinner, I will graciously allow you to continue sleeping. However, I expect you to join me in the dining room once dinner is prepared." Jungkook stated, his gaze fixed upon Jin.

Jin sat up and sighed, "There's no need; I'm gonna head home."

"I didn't tell you to go home. It's already gotten dark outside as well. Therefore, I now find myself compelled to extend an invitation, a gesture of hospitality for you to spend the night. I can offer you a guest room to sleep in. There is also something I want to share with you." Jungkook said, not wanting Jin to leave before he had prepared dinner.

Intrigued by his curiosity, Jin inquired, "What is it you want to share with me?"

"Only once I have prepared dinner can I partake in sharing. The steak I purchased on my way here cannot remain unattended for much longer, and I must promptly proceed to prepare it. I've already wasted a ton of time waiting for you to wake up, unsure if you were tired or sick. Now that I realize it's not the latter, I'll get ready to make dinner. Return to sleep; I'll wake you once dinner's been fixed."

Jungkook didn't wait for Jin's response as he left the living room and headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner.

He was taken aback when Bam trailed after him, causing him to gaze at his dog and inquire, "Are you here because I made mention of dinner?"

Bam wagged his tail and locked eyes with Jungkook before emitting an excited bark that brought a smile to Jungkook's face. "I suspect you're hungry for some dinner too. Since Seokjin hasn't fed you, I'll take care of it, but make sure he feeds you before your nap next time."

Bam let out another bark, directed solely at Jungkook while maintaining a steady gaze upon him.

****

Jin didn't expect to fall asleep again, so he was surprised when Jungkook gently tapped him on the shoulder to wake him up.