Chapter Nine

A/N: Even though I don't do updates on requests now, this one goes to my most important reader because they think I don't update the books they like on purpose 😒.

Anyway, onto the sweetest character there ever was!

*****

Taehyung looked at Jimin, who was looking straight back at him. "Did he answer?"

"No, Jungkook seldom answers when I send him a message. What about Jin? Did he respond to you?"

"Jin's phone keeps going straight to voicemail. The last time I talked to him was 30 minutes ago, and he told me they were almost there."

"Maybe we are worried for nothing."

"I don't know; I feel really bad about it."

"Me too. What if we go there, though? I know where they are and where the hotel is as well." Jimin said he and Taehyung couldn't enjoy their day together because they couldn't stop thinking about Jin and Jungkook.

Taehyung thought about it, "I don't know. Jin might be happy to see us, but what about you and your job? Wouldn't Jungkook be upset if he knew about your involvement in Jin going on a date with him?"

"I don't think he'd care. He is always thinking about himself and never sees anything. He might think it's a lie because he thinks Jin agreed to go on a date with him because it was an opportunity for Jin. He is strange and crazy. I still don't know how I've been able to work for him for so long. I hope he doesn't do anything crazy this weekend that will make things hard for Jin. If he does, I'll feel terrible."

Before he responded, Taehyung thought about what Jimin had said, then he said, "Jin can take care of himself. I'm not too worried about that. The more I think about it, the worse I feel, but I have to pay his bills for the next year, so I guess he will just stick it out for the weekend. But tell me something: Is Jungkook like a pervert? I'm glad you put them in different rooms, but he's not a creep, right?"

"Oh my gosh, a whole year? Oh well, I guess he will just keep going for the weekend. I wish someone would do that for me. However, since working for Jungkook, I have paid my bills on time. The first time I've ever had that happen. Before, I was behind on everything.

Also, I don't think Jungkook is that way, either. He is strange, but not that strange. Since I started working for the company, I've been to a few places with him, and I've never seen him do anything that made me think he was a pervert. He asked for separate rooms, so I can't take credit for that."

"Well, that makes me feel better. We might be worrying for nothing, or they might be having fun. Jin would call me if he weren't. He tells me everything."

"Jungkook would have called to yell at me, so maybe we should try to enjoy this day together instead of worrying?"

"I agree; this doesn't happen for us very often." He reached out and took Jimin's hand.

*****

Jin kept drying his phone with the napkin because he couldn't believe he had dropped it in a puddle. It seemed like the terrible day would never end for him. He was sure that one of the phone's selling points was waterproof, but that didn't seem to be the case. Or maybe it was waterproof, and he had the worst luck possible.

"Could you perhaps step closer and stop standing so far away? Come with me; I have to get us checked. We have a brunch appointment soon, and I want to ensure we're on time. Also, quit attempting to bring that dead phone back to life. You don't need it. During the time that we were traveling to get here, it was a nuisance." Jungkook took the phone from Jin and held his hand as he led him to the hotel's front desk, where they needed to check-in.