Chapter Five

"Jimin, to my office right now!" Jungkook issued a command to Jimin across the intercom.

Jimin ran to Jungkook's office, abandoning his workstation with just his phone and notepad in hand.

"Yes, sir?" As soon as he got to Jungkook's office, Jimin adjusted his suit. Even though his workstation was directly outside Jungkook's office, he had made a dash for it to avoid getting in trouble with Jungkook, so he was practically out of breath by the time he reached his destination. He was aware that Jungkook generally timed him, and the last time he arrived later than the ten seconds that Jungkook expected, he got in trouble and was put on a warning.

Jimin could see right away that Jungkook had something on his mind since he stood up while adjusting his tie. He suddenly became hopeful that Seokjin had not gone ahead and canceled with him as he was uncertain if Jin would walk Bam after understanding that Jungkook was Bam's owner.

"How old did you say Seokjin was again?"

"He is twenty-two, sir."

"And how old are you?"

Jimin was taken aback by the question, but he responded, "Sir, I am twenty-four years old and will soon be twenty-five. My birthday is-"

"I did not question your date of birth. I was interested in your age. Does it make you uncomfortable to pay attention and deliver replies restricted to what you have been asked?" Jungkook inquired as he glared in Jimin's direction.

Jimin exhaled deeply before shaking his head and replying, "No, Sir. My apologies."

"I do accept your apology. Anyway, in the event, if I came to you—not that I am—let's get that straight. You are not the sort of person I would go out on a date with, which has already been established; nevertheless, if I were to approach you with the proposition of going out on a date with me, what would you say?"

Again, this was not at all what Jimin had been anticipating, so he took a long breath before pausing to consider both the question and the person who had asked him to question. He replied smiling, "I would take your offer, sir, but of course, we are just talking hypothetically."

With a smirk on his face, Jungkook said, "Well, of course, you would. Everyone else would act in the same way as you. Because of this, I want an explanation as to why Seokjin laughed in my face when I offered him the opportunity to go on a date with me. I know that my standards may be higher than his and possibly what he used to.

Many individuals cannot imagine dating me because they know they are not good enough and are correct in thinking they are not good enough.

You are obviously the kind of person that loves to shoot for the stars, as seen by the fact that you provided the reaction that you did. I honestly believe that what you did was extremely courageous.

Even if Seokjin is capable of getting a date with me, or at least he could have in the past, I have decided that it is no longer in my best interest to do so since he does not seem to have the same interests as you. It is too bad for him. He is a youngster, and it is obvious that he does not recognize greatness, but it is possible that he did realize it and couldn't believe it. What are your thoughts on this?"

Jimin pursed his lips together as he fought off the impulse to laugh out loud. It seemed to him that Seokjin had turned down Jungkook, which made him want to laugh out loud. He hoped that Hoseok could have been there to hear it.

He used a lot of effort and managed to keep his composure as he thought of a response to give to Jungkook. "I am not sure why he didn't take the chance to date you, Sir. He may be taken, but did he explain why he didn't want to go out with you?"