Chapter Eighteen

While Jin watched the movie, ate the s'mores, and drank the hot chocolate, he was pleasantly amazed to see that Jungkook did not utter a single word the entire time. Even though he was holding a notepad and a pen in one hand, he did not take his gaze off the television. Jin often saw him scribbling away in his notepad, but he remained silent throughout the process.

He had not prepared himself for Jungkook's silence, but he found it refreshing as they watched the movie, and he could fully appreciate it. When the closing titles started to play, he stood on the couch and let out a displeased sigh as the bright lights came on. Then he sat back down.

"Should we talk about this movie, or would you rather I put on another one, and then we talk about them afterward? Because I took a lot of notes, I don't need to right now. I have seen that you did not take any, but I presume you have an excellent memory."

"You took notes on the movie?" asked Jin, his eyes widening in surprise as he looked at Jungkook.

"Yes, for our discussion." Jungkook gave a serious response as he thoughtfully perused the page of the notebook he was holding in his hand.

"Oh, alright. Please put on the other movie, if you don't mind." Jin showed little interest in discussing any of the movies. Instead of just viewing and enjoying the movies, it seemed more like he was being assessed on what he thought about them, which made it feel more like an assignment. That was something that he had done to exhaustion in school.

"Sure. Should I bring more hot chocolate?"

"I would appreciate that, thank you."

Jungkook smiled as he took pleasure in the uncomplicated date he was having with Seokjin. Although it was the first time he'd ever been on a date like this, he found it enjoyable and soothing.

"The simplest solution is often the best." As Jungkook entered the kitchen, he silently recited a mantra to himself. He wanted to retain the new knowledge that he had learned.

After preparing another cup of hot chocolate for Jin, he went over to him, delivered it to him, and sat down. Before he began the next movie, he flicked up his notebook, scribbled the title, put a line under it, and then created his first bullet point.

Although he had not seen the movie Age of Adaline, the reviews piqued his interest, and he hoped it would do the same for Seokjin.

While watching the movie, Jungkook found it difficult to continue taking notes since he could not tear his gaze away from the screen. He believed it must have been why Seokjin decided against taking notes. When he glanced at Jin to check how much he was enjoying the movie, he was disappointed to discover that Jin was already dozing off.

"It's not uninteresting; I don't understand why he dozed off." He had some thoughts of pausing the movie, but he couldn't bring himself to do so since he was already so involved in the plot. If Seokjin wanted to nap while they were on their date, he would ignore it and not let it affect how things went, even though it made it less enjoyable for him.

Jungkook was left staring at the screen as the film ended. Although he experienced a range of emotions about the film's conclusion, he felt that, on the whole, he should rate it favorably since he was able to see aspects of himself in the main character.

He got to his feet and left the lights off before heading into the kitchen, where he pondered what dish he might make next that would be appropriate for Seokjin. He didn't want their date to end with a boring movie, especially since Jin didn't seem interested in watching it. Because of this, he would have wanted Jin to clarify what movies he enjoyed, but since he did not provide any insight into his preference, he was left to do the work all by himself.