Chapter Three

"I swear there are moments when I am prepared to swap you out for one of my other close friends," Taehyung said as he gazed at Seokjin, who was smiling.

Sitting in the passenger seat of Taehyung's car, Jin reached over and kissed his best friend's cheek before saying, "I love you and thank you. Send me a text when you get to work and be careful on the road."

Taehyung rolled his eyes and said, "if you love me, you wouldn't have awakened me up so early to bring whoever-" Taehyung's words were followed by a long pause. He stopped and stared at the skyscraper they were in front of before continuing, "I am confused why this rich dude wants you to bring him coffee again."

"I don't know, but his assistant claimed he got harmed by Bailey, and I felt like the least I could do was bring him the coffee. Bailey's owners will take care of his medical expenses; I am just returning the coffee that spilled all over him."

"Interesting. At his penthouse, are you sure that's safe?"

Jin shrugged, "I don't know, but I will be in and out...unless-"

"No!"

"Taehyungie, please! This won't even take five minutes. I mean, come on, are you going to leave me here and go to work feeling fine, knowing that I may be on the next episode of lost and forgotten?" Jin made a judgmental face at Taehyung, hoping he would give in and agree to come with him.

"There is no show like that, and no, this is your personal business-"

"Telling your mom you got dump again and also, will tell her about that one time you gave the guy-"

"Shut up and fine! I can see why your parents never want you home." As Taehyung unbuckled his seatbelt, he let out a hissing sound.

Jin smiled, happy at his accomplishment, "I will pay you back with a nice home-cooked meal."

"It's wonderful that you've turned into a liar now." As Taehyung stepped out of the car, he couldn't help but shake his head. He was more aware than anybody else that Seokjin was not planning to cook anything in the kitchen.

"No, I am serious; wait until you return to the house later; you will be blown away!"

As Taehyung and Jin approached the front door of the building, Taehyung did not answer since he was well aware that he should not.

*****

Jungkook inspected his appearance in the mirror and smiled as he flexed his muscles while wearing his suit. He was confident in his appearance and felt that the suit was only an accessory that complimented him.

When he heard the doorbell to his penthouse, he knew it could only be one of two people: his new assistant, Park Jimin, or the person who had set up his dog to attack him the day before and was coming to bring him back his coffee.

After giving himself one more look in the mirror, he smirked and said, "Perfect!" before walking out the door.

He turned off the alarm in his suite and opened the door, saying, "it's about time you arrived with my two cups of coffee."

Seokjin, standing in front of his door with one cup of coffee and a slice of banana bread in his hand, gazed at him in surprise but managed to keep his remarks under control. He glanced over at Taehyung, who was standing off to the side. Before speaking, he took a few moments to compose himself and said, "Good morning; I am sorry to hear about your injuries and visit to the hospital. As I told your Assistant, Bailey's owners would pay for the reasonable expenses. As a means to extend my apologies and make up for the inconvenience, I would like to give you a cup of coffee and a slice of banana bread. Here you go."