Chapter Fifteen

Jin was in a hurry to get out the door, but he had to run back inside when he realized he had forgotten the most important thing: baked peanut butter treats for Bam. It was that time of year when he baked treats for all the dogs he walked and usually gave them to their owners if they were okay with their dogs having them. He had some clients refuse in the past due to their dogs' diet, but most always accepted and were grateful.

He had hoped that Bam's owner wouldn't have any problems, but he didn't think so because, over the past month, the owner had been quiet and rarely talked to him.

This kind of annoyed Jin. He knew he had turned down the owner, but he thought that if the owner wanted him to keep walking his dog, the least he could do was talk to him and be nice. Instead, Jin was usually ignored, which he hated. But he kept quiet about it, especially around his best friend, who could easily get the wrong idea about why he was annoyed. Also, he liked this kind of attitude better than how the owner had treated him before.

Jin was glad the ride to Bam's house didn't take as long as usual because there wasn't much traffic. He was hoping for a good week because all he did the week before was take exams. But he didn't have school this week because it was the start of his winter break, which he was happy about. He thought it would be colder outside than it was, but he was pleasantly surprised, and he loved it. He knew Bam would agree that it was a great day to walk.

He got along very well with Bam and spent a lot of time teaching Bam tricks while they walked. It was the first time he had a lot of free time with a dog. Even when he brought Bam home later than planned, the owner never asked him about it. The first time it happened, he was sure he would get interrogated about it, but it never came, and he was glad because he and Bam enjoyed their time together.

As usual, when he got to Jungkook's front door, he rang the doorbell and smiled when he heard Bam barking excitedly on the other side. Because of his tests, he hadn't seen Bam in a week, so he knew the dog would be happy to see him.

When the door opened, Bam ran up to him with his tail wagging. Jin bent down and hugged him, saying, "I missed you, Bammie. Did you miss me? You did, didn't you?"

Bam barked at Jin, sniffed him, then rolled over so Jin could scratch his belly. Jin laughed and then did what he knew Bam wanted.

"Such a good boy! Yes, you are-" Jin was cut off when he heard someone clear their throat.

He stopped what he was doing and stood up as he made eye contact with Jungkook, "Hi."

"There is no daycare available for Bam this week. I believe that you have gotten a notification about what is necessary for Bam this week from my assistant, Park Jimin." Jungkook spoke firmly as he looked everywhere except for Jin.

"Yes, I did. I also made treats for the dogs I walk, as I do every time. I made some for Bam if you want to give them to him." Jin said as he handed over the box in his hand to Jungkook.

"Okay." Jungkook took the box from Jin. "Have a nice day, Bam. Please take good care of my dog, Seokjin; I expect you to return him home on time today, and I don't want him to waste the day playing fetch in the park."

Jungkook didn't wait to hear Jin's response as he shut the door. Jin sighed and shook his head as he tried to put Bam's leash on. "How does he know that we play fetch at the park?" he asked after a short pause.

****

Hoseok was about to pee on himself; he could feel it, he had been doing all in his power for it not to happen, but at this point, it was possible.

"Jungkook, can I use the bathroom, and then we resume this conversation?"

"No. You said that Seokjin would be open to the possibility of another chance with me if I accomplished all that you and that therapist suggested. I have done it. I don't understand why he hasn't volunteered to go after this opportunity with me.