Chapter Thirty-Six

"Good boy!" Jin smiled as he watched Bam enjoy the treat he had given him. After finishing, Bam turned around with his tail wagging, gazing up at Jin. This made Jin smile even more, and he reached out to pat Bam's head, saying, "You are such a good dog! Did you enjoy your treat?"

Bam's ears perked up at the mention of the word treat, eliciting a chuckle from Jin, "you are so cute."

"Tonight, we are having guests over; I know you will be a good boy. Let's hope your dad learns to be good too." Jin was curious about how the evening was going to turn out.

He hadn't planned on having anyone over, but after talking with Taehyung and receiving a call from Hoseok, he thought it would be nice for everyone to come together.

He also felt a lack of spending time with his best friend as frequently as before. With Taehyung stepping into parenthood and taking on more responsibilities, the chance for them to spend time together and socialize was now much less.

Jin had also never had the opportunity to get to know Jungkook well or to spend a lot of time with someone close to him. Given the noticeable rising changes that were taking place between them, it was something he wanted to do.

He hoped he wouldn't come to regret any of it, and he was still troubled by the question of whether he was making the right decision. He had noticed that he was much more stressed than usual, particularly in regard to his role of becoming a parent.

He also had reservations about his confidence in his relationship with Jungkook and their potential future together. He had never encountered somebody who was like Jungkook, and there were a lot of differences between them. Even though he couldn't ignore his visible attraction to Jungkook or the growing feelings between them, Jungkook's personality made him worry whether they could make a relationship work.

"I guess the cookies are ready." Jin found himself saying to Bam after hearing the timer he had set go off.

He laughed a little as he walked to the kitchen, remembering Jungkook's previous comment and not wanting him to cook anything. It didn't seem like a huge problem to him, and he believed that it was the right thing to do when having people around. He didn't say anything to Jungkook at the time or stop him from having things catered, but he also didn't let it prevent him from making the things he wanted to.

As soon as he heard Bam bark and fled the kitchen, he realized Jungkook was at home. Which he was thankful about as he had hoped that Jungkook would get home before everyone else had arrived.

He stooped down to take out the four trays of cookies he had baked, as well as a tray of pumpkin and peanut butter treats he had prepared for Bam, ensuring he wouldn't be left out.

As he removed the final tray and set it on the counter, he noticed Jungkook standing at the doorway, watching him intently.

"Hey, you are home."

"Yes, I arrived home earlier than planned because my last meeting finished ahead of schedule. How's your day going?" Jungkook inquired as he approached Jin in the kitchen.

Jin was just about to reply when Jungkook interrupted with another question, "Are you joining the neighborhood quarterly bake sale? I want to inform you that I typically do not participate, but I do donate, and they seem to appreciate my donations more than baked goods. However, if you're interested in baking and sharing the results of what you bake with them, I am sure they will find that perfectly acceptable as well."

"Uh, this isn't for a bake sale. I baked cookies because we're having your brother, Hoseok, and my friends over tonight. I also made treats for Bam."

Jungkook glanced at the trays on the counter, then turned to Jin, "Did they request cookies?"