Chapter Thirteen

The day before Seokjin received the flowers from Jungkook:

"That's not how you ask someone out."

Jungkook stared at Hoseok. "There is no problem with what I have written, and I do not need your advice. Why did Yoongi send you here?"

He rolled his eyes and said, "You need my help. You do not stimulate the man's interest in any way. You have completely wrecked your chances of getting together with him, and if you write that down and send it to him, I am positive that he will ignore and refuse you once again. So by all means, send whatever you want, and I'll just sit here and chuckle when it returns to you."

"I did not jeopardize our prospects of partnering together in any way. Because his close friend took advantage of him, he failed to see the sincerity of my attempts. The attempt that he presented to me was not fair. If he hadn't been thinking about his friend, I believe he would have given me a chance on an equal footing with others. Because of his friend, he had no choice but to spend the weekend with me. I want to give him a chance, but I don't want his friend or anybody else to get in the way."

As he continued to look at Jungkook, Hoseok's face furrowed into a frown. It had been his intention to give his spouse the benefit of the doubt when he was encouraged to visit Jungkook at his home in an attempt to understand him, but it was impossible.

He was certain that not even the therapist could understand him. He was likely stealing money from Jungkook and seeing him for long hours whenever he had to meet him. He would have done the same thing, but he questioned it since the suffering would have been too great to bear, so he gave respect to the therapist for having the patience to cope with Jungkook.

"Jungkook, you might not be able to understand this, but I'll do my best to explain it to you. Seokjin didn't want to go on a date with you, no matter what his friend told him to do or what his friend asked of him. He thinks your approach is pushy and sees you as a narcissist who can't admit when he is wrong. You can't tell someone in a note that you are giving them an opportunity. Seokjin doesn't see you as an opportunity for him. He doesn't like you. I hope this is helpful."

Hoseok didn't know what Jin thought about Jungkook, but he used what he knew about Jungkook to explain what he could. He was sure that they thought alike because Seokjin was smart.

As Jungkook gazed at Hoseok with a more intense glance, he tore up the letter he had been writing to him and said, "What do you advise I write to him so that he does not misinterpret my feelings? My therapist advised me to evaluate where I went wrong, and then at my next appointment, he and I would discuss other methods for me to take; but I already think that I do not need his assistance with taking different approaches to my problems. The problem is not with how I go about things; rather, it is with the others who interpret them incorrectly."

Oh, so there's a problem with Seokjin?

"Do not include Seokjin in this scenario since he is still young and, as a result, has a lot of gaps in his knowledge. We first connected at a trying moment for both of us. He couldn't tell the difference between myself and the dog he was supposed to walk for the client. I believe that now that some weeks have passed, it would be a wonderful opportunity for me to reintroduce myself to him and what it is that I bring with me. I am not sure he has had time to consider the person I am."

After lowering himself to the couch, Hoseok closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths before opening them again. When he married Yoongi, he did not anticipate these challenges and was unprepared for them. It was enough to make him wish he could disappear. No matter how long he had known Jungkook, he could never get used to the way his mind led him to believe the things he was doing were right.