Chapter Thirty-Seven

When Jungkook emerged from the bathroom, he was taken by surprise to find Seokjin waiting in their room. He was glad that Jin had taken his suggestion and switched his shirt. Although he still wore the same shorts, he felt Jin's new outfit was an excellent upgrade over his previous one.

On the other hand, Jin was surprised when Jungkook appeared from the bathroom, fully dressed in a different suit. Jin had anticipated him to be wearing a towel or nothing at all, considering he had gone into the shower. This unexpected sight left Jin feeling disappointed.

"You are dressed." Jin's voice carried a clear sense of disappointment as he gazed at Jungkook.

"Yes. Why wouldn't I be?" Jungkook was perplexed by Jin's question, just as he found himself confused by other aspects of Jin's behavior. However, he consistently linked it to their difference in age, as he had noticed that this age gap influenced their different approaches to things. "Have your guests arrived?"

Jin said, "They are our guests," as his expression shifted from frown to pout. "Please don't make it seem like I'm the only one who would want them to be here when you greet them."

"It wouldn't be wrong if that were the case; you are the sole advocate for their presence. I didn't invite them, and they should be well aware that if it weren't for you, they wouldn't be inside my home, especially that individual my brother has devoted his life to."

Jin inhaled deeply, and a sigh slipped out of his mouth. "Please be kind to everyone tonight," he said as he drew near Jungkook, whom he embraced. "You being nice would mean a lot to me. Plus, I'm expecting a baby, and the last thing I want is to feel down because you choose to be mean to our friends—"

"They are not my friends. Yoongi is my brother, Jimin and Hoseok are my employees, and Taehyung holds no significance in my life." Jungkook was left perplexed by Seokjin's assumption of his relationship with the others. However, he felt the need to clarify their dynamics to avoid any lingering misunderstandings, as he valued clear communication.

Jin took a long breath and leaned his forehead against Jungkook's. "Alright, could you please refrain from saying anything hurtful?" he said. "Please don't talk badly to anyone or say you don't like them. That could be hurtful, and it's never good to make other people feel bad about themselves, particularly when they're not doing anything wrong."

"Should I remain in my room or head to my home office? I have a substantial amount of work that needs my attention, while you can handle entertaining those individuals and fulfilling the purpose for which you invited them here."

"No, I want you to be there. Tonight is for us and our friends...well, my friends and you to hang out as couples."

"Couples?" Jungkook asked curiously, "Is the purpose of this to resemble a date night?"

"Yes, sort of."

"Why was this information not communicated earlier?" Jungkook withdrew and proceeded to scan the room for his phone.

Jin was instantly confused, "what are you looking for?"

"I wasn't aware it was a date, and I apologize for leaving out a gift. I am sorry, Seokjin, but I am not adequately prepared. Why didn't you inform me that it was a date? You mentioned that you invited them here to-"

"Jungkook, it's not that kind of date, and just you are coming with me and helping me to keep our; I mean, my friends entertained will be enough of a gift for me."

"It falls short of my expectations. I can arrange for a delivery to be made. Seeing everyone else receiving gifts while you're left empty-handed isn't very pleasant. That's not acceptable to me-"