Chapter Twenty-Eight

Jin realized that it was not Jungkook who needed a lid on his mouth, but rather, it was himself. He couldn't believe that he had allowed himself to get so worked up by a foreign waitress that he ended up referring to Jungkook as his man. He regretted his actions, as he had unintentionally led Jungkook to believe their relationship was more serious than it was.

He recognized that it would not be wise to break this news to Jungkook while they were in another country. Therefore, he decided to keep quiet about it and make an effort to enjoy their trip. He was confident there would be plenty to see in Alaska and determined to make the most of it, especially when Jungkook was out and about.

After enjoying their dinner, which he had to admit he really liked, especially the drinks that he had quite a few of, he felt good and could see himself sleeping well.

"Seokjin, could you please take a moment to change into your pajamas and join me back here? I will start the fireplace and request room service to bring us hot chocolates. I suggest we set aside an hour or two to have a meaningful conversation about our relationship." Jungkook spoke before Jin had a chance to enter the bedroom after they had returned from their dinner date.

Jin took a brief pause, inhaling deeply before turning to face Jungkook with a smile. "Of course, Jungkook." As he turned away, he muttered a curse under his breath.

*****

Upon Jin's return to the hotel suite's living room, he was pleasantly surprised to discover a charming indoor picnic arranged by the fireplace, accompanied by soft music playing in the background. His gaze shifted towards Jungkook, who was shirtless and casually placing marshmallows into a bowl.

"You seem to have a strong affection for that bathroom," Jungkook commented while he continued to do what he was doing.

Jin rolled his eyes, ready to reply, but he glanced at the time and realized he had been in the bathroom for over an hour. He hadn't realized he had been in there for such a long time. To him, it felt as if he had only been away for nothing but ten minutes.

"Are we going to make S'mores?" He asked as he sat on the blanket next to one of the pillows on the floor, making himself comfortable.

"Yes, I remembered that it's something you enjoy. As we talk, you are welcome to enjoy some snacks if you want."

Jin smiled, "that's nice of you to remember that, thanks."

"You don't need to express gratitude for that; as your man, it's my responsibility to remember such things." Jungkook moved to sit next to Jin, deliberately positioning himself to face him directly.

Jin was taken aback by Jungkook's choice of words, leaving him unsure how to react. Instead of saying anything, he decided to distract himself by reaching for a mug from the tray. He grabbed a mug filled with hot chocolate, opting to occupy himself by taking a sip.

"How do you like it? Do I need to have them remake it?"

After taking a sip, Jin responded, "It's good. Thank you."

"I don't particularly enjoy these things, but I'm open to giving them a chance since you have an interest in them," Jungkook admitted while picking up the hot chocolate and proceeded to take a sip from it.

"Really?"

"Yes, I prefer coffee, but it's fine; I also want to try to enjoy things you like. It will help me to understand you more."

Jin adjusted his position, aligning himself to face Jungkook directly. However, he found himself momentarily distracted as his gaze unintentionally shifted towards Jungkook's chest. Quickly regaining his composure, Jin refocused his attention on Jungkook's eyes, consciously avoiding any further focus on his body, which was hard for him. The man was attractive, and it made it even harder for him.