Chapter Thirty-Three

Namjoon halted his note-taking, lifting his gaze to meet Jungkook's eyes. They were seated facing each other, their attention fully engaged.

"Can you say that again, please? Sorry, I didn't catch the last part of what you said." Namjoon sought clarification to ensure he had accurately understood Jungkook's words.

"Seokjin and I are expecting a baby. He has recently moved in with me. There are certain differences between him and me, and before he got pregnant, it didn't seem likely that our relationship would progress. You're aware of the previous incidents that have taken place. Despite the recent developments and the surprising news of his pregnancy, it appears there is now a possibility of a deeper connection between us."

After a brief pause, Jungkook thought long and hard about carefully crafting his words to convey his current thoughts and emotions. Something that had been requested of him during a conversation with Namjoon.

Namjoon observed him closely, patiently waiting for Jungkook to gather his thoughts. It was evident that Jungkook was finding it difficult to articulate his emotions, but Namjoon remained attentive.

After an extended silence, Namjoon broke it by asking Jungkook about his current thoughts. "It seems like you may have a few doubts. Would you like to discuss them with me?"

"There appears to be a distinct contrast between my experiences and the events that unfold in my life. I have observed two individuals in my surrounding area who have recently become pregnant, and the connection they share with their partners appears to be different from what Seokjin and I are experiencing."

"What do you mean by that? Would you be willing to provide more details so I can better understand?" Namjoon asked as he continued jotting down notes.

"What part of it was unclear to you?" Jungkook questioned Namjoon, making direct eye contact, "I clearly expressed that things appear different. What part of my statement was unclear to you?"

"Jungkook, I understood what you explained, but I'm curious about the differences in your perspectives with Seokjin. Could you provide some insight on that for me?"

"It's clear that my perspective is unique because it diverges from the norm. Those other individuals have chosen to have a baby because it is their ultimate goal. It appears that my brother and his partner have made the decision to start a family. It's unclear what led my assistant to this situation, possibly due to a lack of planning. However, he and the other parent of his baby appear enthusiastic about beginning the journey of becoming parents.

That doesn't apply to Seokjin and me. Months ago, Seokjin and I were not headed towards a romantic relationship. I mistakenly believed we were but later realized my error, causing us to grow apart. Then, to our surprise, news of his pregnancy came, and now we find ourselves living together." Jungkook let out a tired sigh as he tried to explain everything to Namjoon.

"How does-"

"Seokjin is someone I enjoy being around despite the age difference. We seem to connect well. In my opinion, that's what I believe. Although I have reservations about starting a family, I am willing to try. I don't believe Seokjin is concerned about my role as a parent, which has provided me with valuable support. However, I'm unsure about how to establish a connection between him and me."

Jungkook glanced at his hands, murmuring, "I don't believe he truly wants to be with me. Perhaps his current presence is largely influenced by the fact that he is expecting. I know if he weren't, we wouldn't be living together, and that leaves me feeling confused because I want to care for him, but I believe it will only be a temporary arrangement until he finds someone he's interested in."