Chapter Thirty-Four

Later that day...

******

"How was your day today, Seokjin?" Jungkook inquired, settling comfortably at the dining table as they shared a meal.

Seokjin, in the middle of eating, glanced up and replied, "It was good. I went for several walks with Bam. I caught up with a long-time friend over lunch and later returned to my apartment to gather a few things. How was your day?"

"It appears you had a busy day. I hope you found some time to relax amidst all your activities. My day was filled with positive experiences. I invested a substantial portion of my time into my work. I wanted to let you know that I have planned an upcoming trip where I will be traveling abroad for at least one week." Jungkook said as he shared his upcoming travel plans with Seokjin, making sure to give him a heads-up in advance.

"Where are you going, and what's the purpose of your trip?" Jin asked as he eyed Jungkook curiously.

"I am planning a trip to Sweden to meet with various individuals involved in discussing the evaluation of a potential business venture that my company has been actively considering."

"I see. Are you going alone?"

"No, I will have the company of several Vice Presidents by my side. Hoseok is typically a key participant in these trips, but unfortunately, he is currently unavailable at the office and won't be able to join us on this trip. That's okay; the trip might be more successful without him." Jungkook replied and proceeded to savor a mouthful of his meal.

Jin pondered in silence before carefully considering his words, "I believe it would be best if I come with you."

Jin's unexpected request took Jungkook aback, his confusion evident as he asked, "You want to come to Sweden with me?"

"Are you saying you don't want me to come?" Jin inquired, his eyebrow raised.

"Seokjin, I don't recall our conversation about my desire for you to refrain from accompanying me to Sweden. Furthermore, I have no recollection of us discussing your strong enthusiasm for accompanying me on trips, particularly given our history of unsuccessful journeys.

If you'd like to join me, I want to ensure you feel completely at ease and not overwhelmed. I acknowledge that we have different thoughts and am trying to improve my approach."

"I have no issue with traveling together. If I did, I wouldn't be living with you. What would make me uneasy is remaining here alone during my pregnancy. I don't think that's a safe option for me either unless you'd like me to go and stay with Taehyung and Jimin-"

"Seokjin, it's unnecessary. I didn't mean to abandon you. It would have been wise to consult with you before making my travel plans to ensure your interest in joining. In the future, I will strive to be more attentive and conscious of that.

Based on past experiences, your response was not very favorable when I made decisions without including you. So, I tried to refrain from repeating any actions that could make you see me as an inadequate parent or partner."

Jin became confused by the last part of Jungkook's response, "Why would you think I would view you as an inadequate parent or partner? Jungkook, I am unsure if you realize it, but I am less experienced than you. I never had an actual relationship, and as for being a parent, we are both in the same boat. I can't judge you on something that I am also unfamiliar with."

It was Jungkook's turn to be confused as he stared at Jin, "Have you never been in a real relationship before? Seokjin, I don't think I understand that in the past, you said-"

"I know what I said, Jungkook, but they were not actual relationships. I thought they were, but after growing up a bit more, seeing Taehyung and Jimin, and others, I realized what I had with people was chemistry and the satisfaction of being there for one another, but never being in a relationship."