Chapter Ten

Rehashing Jungkook's actions from when they first met didn't strike Jin as a productive use of his time, so he avoided doing so. He was not going to go through everything once more, and if what he had observed up to this point turned out to be accurate, he knew that Jungkook was not going to confess that he had done anything wrong. Instead, to satisfy his curiosity, he decided to investigate more into the events of that day.

"So, you wanted to talk to me before Bailey got in the way that day?"

As soon as he finished his meal, Jungkook turned his attention to Jin and said, "as I was saying before, I saw you, and you saw me. I thought the eye contact that we exchanged was appropriate for a greeting. I am used to having people's gazes directed in my direction when I am out and about. Because I am an attractive man, I get as much attention as you can imagine.

On the other hand, it's not often that I come across anybody who requires my attention. I thought you might benefit from some of my attention when I saw you that day. I gave some thought to approaching you, and in the end, I did, but, as you may remember, that did not go well due to that dog and your unwelcoming attitude."

As Jin considered how best to respond to Jungkook, he reached for his mimosa and downed the rest of it in a large mouthful of it before continuing to process his thoughts. After that, he waved in the direction of the waitress as he concluded that he needed something more powerful to cope with the guy sitting across from him.

"For what purpose do you want him to pay attention to you?"

Jin tried not to roll his eyes, "I need another drink."

"I instructed you to submit your requests to me, and I will relay them to the waiters. Do you have amnesia, or do you choose to remember some things and forget others?"

"No, you are the one who does that. Why in the hell should I tell you what I want to order so that you can tell them?" Jin was trying, but Jungkook was frustrating him.

Jungkook was taken aback by Jin's outburst; he thought it was completely needless, but he was also aware that it had much to do with Jin's immaturity. One of the issues he was concerned about when it came to dating someone younger was their maturity level.

"Seokjin, I do not feel it would be suitable for you to have any more alcohol at this time. Before you decide to increase your voice in a public place, I ask that you kindly show consideration for others around you. I realize that you may not be accustomed to or have previously had a date like this, but I ask that you please be aware that not everyone around you is as understanding as I am.

Others may find it difficult to deal with you because of your behavior. I made the obvious statement that I should order for us because I do not want you to interact with people who look at you like I do. While I am providing you with the opportunity that I am, I ask that you show me some respect and politeness." As Jungkook established eye contact with Seokjin, he ensured his tone of voice was authoritative because he did not want to deal with the same kind of behavior he had just witnessed.

"Oh no, I can't do this-"

"Seokjin, I believe it is time for us to finish our meal and go for a stroll. You may be angry about something; we can discuss it while we're on our stroll, so let's get going." Jungkook stood and took Jin by the hand as he helped him up from his seat.

Jin had to bite down on the inside of his lip to focus on his attempt to recall why he was there. It had gotten to the point where it was intolerable. He couldn't believe that he had really given his agreement to this.

He closed his eyes as Jungkook took his hand and led him out of the restaurant. He was well aware of what his next steps would be. It was the only way for him to make it through the remainder of the trip.