Chapter 70

Caspian had heeded Douglas's words and he had told Rurina that they would not be stopping until they were in the clear.

All he had was faith, and hope that he would find her, he felt sick at the thought of her not being where he thought she was.

Only time will tell when he goes to the destination if she is there or not. The day progressed bit by and when noon arrived they were searching for an area where they could eat as they were famished.

They stopped by a stream, and the scenery was spectacular, now he could see why Aurora had loved being out here, one did not want to leave.

He knew by now that they might be looking for him back at the palace and he hoped that they would believe Douglas.

He had left them notes, explaining to them that he needed to breathe as the palace was a bit suffocating for him. He had told his mother she was in charge of making the final decisions until he came back and resumed full authority.

"Are you worried about back home?" Rurina asked him.

"A bit, I don't know if they will believe Douglas's story."

"That's understandable, but it is very lovely out here."

"Most certainly."

"When are we going to arrive at the destination of your choice?"

"I'm not sure but could be in a few moons from now."

"Alright, we have to make the best out of this if we are going to go back to your kingdom and face backlash."

"It will depend, I am the king and I'm not subdued to anyone, I don't answer to anyone and they all report to me."

"I stand by you!"

"We have to set out if we are going to stop at the next checkpoint for shelter and bedding."

They resumed their journey, and when it was getting dark they decided to stop by an area by the side of the road.

He started a fire and they sat around it, there were so many night sounds that came from the forest, and he could see after they had supper that Rurina was struggling to stay awake.

"Sleep Rurina I will keep watch."

Rurina curled close to the fire so that she could still feel the warmth and fell asleep. He too was feeling very tired.

Caspian woke up the next morning and Rurina was already awake, "I must have dozed off, when did you get up?"

"A few moments ago."

They took out some bread and water, and after they had eaten they set out. They rode till the sunset he wanted to cover as much ground as he could.

They finally found an inn for tonight and he could see that Rurina was relieved, their backs hurt from sleeping on the ground.

There was a bathhouse and he was thankful, they had to spare as many gold coins as they could, so they shared a room.

Caspian threw the bag of coins to Rurina, "Take as many coins as you need for the baths."

Rurina nodded, and they made their way to the baths taking a change of clothes, after purchasing some soaps they went separate ways, Caspian sat in the hot water and his muscles thanked him.

He rubbed the soap all over his body and he submerged himself beneath the water, he came back and reclined once more.

When he felt that he had soaked enough, he changed into a fresh set of clothing and he took the dirty ones back to the inn.

He waited for Rurina to come back and after some time she did.

"Let's go get some supper at the diner."

"About time, I am famished," Rurina replied.

They sat by the table, the food was not the greatest, but it was hot which made it all the better and made him disregard the taste of it.

After supper they retired back to their room, even though the two beds in the room were small his body appreciated them, and he relaxed completely.

Soon fatigue caught up to him, he could sleep early tonight as he did not have to worry about animals attacking them or getting robbed.

He could already hear Rurina breathing deeply, he decided they would stay for a couple of days to give their bodies some rest and recover.

They woke up and it was already noon, they really were exhausted,

"The day has passed us by," Rurina exclaimed.

"It is alright, I decided for us to stay a few more moons so we could recover a bit before making our way."

He could that Rurina was thankful for his decision, but he had realized that the horses had to rest too.

They spent the day walking around the small town, they bought fruits as they wandered around, and they purchased skins of watered wine.

On the last day of their stay, he bought more necessities that they would need along the rest of their journey.

The next morning they sat out at dawn, and they rode till sunset, the following day the same happened once more.

Today Caspian could see that rainfall would catch up to them, and they pulled into the first inn that they had found just in time.

The rain was relentless, and it poured heavily,

"We came into the shelter just in time, do you fancy the rain?" Rurina asked him.

"Rainy days are often somber unless they are spent with one that you want to be with."

"Well, then I do fancy today," Rurina replied happily.

"I'm glad that you, how were rainy days for you?"

"I used to love rainy days as everyone usually stayed away and I would not need to see everyone being joyful whilst I felt isolated and sad. They would soothe me till I fell asleep and I always tried to count raindrops which is silly." Rurina replied.

"Not at all, nothing is silly if you make sense of it, we all can't be the same."

www.patreon.com/taniashava