Chapter 25

They finally let the lanterns go, and they all stood there.

"Shall we all go drink?" Caspian asked.

Everyone nodded, but she did not want to.

"Excuse me there is something that I need to do but I will join you as soon as it's done."

"Do you want me to come with you Aurora?"

"There is no need Elliot, I will be there in a jiffy."

They all went the other way and she walked the other way until she reached her tree and sunk down. This was her place,

She did not know why it upset her that Caspian was holding Nadia in front of her. Where had all these emotions come from?

She needed some air alone and doubted that she would go drink with them, he was a prince so why did he have to concern himself with peasants such as themselves.

Her outfit compared to Nadia's one could not compare, she sighed. When had she become like this? She had never cared about such things until now.

She couldn't confide in her friends as they were on duty, and she contemplated if she should go home?

That would be the best choice for her but she was here to enjoy the festival and did not believe such a trivial matter had made her lose focus as to why she was here.

She needed a few more minutes to breathe and collect herself. When she was ready to head back she got up and went down the street.

This time she took in everything and giggled at some of the funny moments that were in front of her. After some time she decided to head back home it was pretty late.

Aurora went through the palace passageway and she almost screamed when a hand pulled her in. The hand covered her mouth,

"It's me Caspian."

Aurora stopped struggling and he took her hand and led her to his chambers and closed the door, she wondered what he wanted to tell her.

Caspian came up to her with so much passion, his hand went into her hair and the other around her waist and he kissed her thoroughly.

Aurora responded to his kiss as she clutched the front of his shirt, his hand glided up to her breast and she let out a moan as to how good it felt.

He pulled her closer and she could feel he had risen, this was way too good, and being in his arms was so magical.

There is a knock on the door and they pull apart in panic, Aurora goes into one of his cabinets and climbs closing the door.

Caspian straightened out and he opened the door, "Nadia?"

"I know you sent me off, but I couldn't get you off my mind."

"Me too."

Caspian grabbed her and he kissed her, and Aurora felt her heart shatter, he had kissed her the same way he had just done with her.

He did not care at all, if he could do this to his future wife, then what was she?

After what feels like an eternity they finally pull apart, and Nadia gives him one more final kiss. When the door closes her feet feel numb as she climbs out.

"Sorry, that took longer than expected."

"You don't have to apologize My Lord."

Aurora said those words but why did she feel upset deep inside she was fuming.

"Excuse me, My Lord."

"You are leaving?" Caspian asked in shock.

"Yes, I am."