Chapter 38

"You what Aurora? You do know that I am the princess right and you are just a whore maid that will never amount to anything, and conned the prince for a title, but that won't last mark my words, when Caspian sees you for what you are, he won't care and I will make sure you remember who I am."

"Why only me?"

"What are you on about?" Nadia snapped.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

"You think I have not noticed how you seduced Caspian, to when you served him at the banquet, to the picnic. Those fake innocent eyes of yours I can see through them."

"So why not every concubine?"

"Because you want to challenge me Aurora, you think we are on the same level in terms of Caspian's affection, you forget you are dirt and from dirt."

"Should one be judged where they are from? I can't control that."

"It does matter where you are from, I am miles away higher than you, I have met Caspian's parents which are essentially mine, has he done that for you? Or is he hiding you away like the trash you are?"

Aurora could not argue with that, she had always admired Nadia and she did not know what she had done so wrong? Caspian was the one who pursued her and did not know she was going to be a concubine.

"Are you now getting it Aurora? I was even told you got lucky that you were selected to be a concubine. It was all last minute and not even planned. You are just bringing disgrace to us all."

Aurora breathed out, "I am tired if that is all, I will excuse myself, My Lady."

"This is far from over." Nadia turned and left.

Aurora was glad that after she had stood her ground, Nadia had decided to leave her, so she could use Caspian as her shield.

She went to her villa, took a bath, and ate some breakfast. After that, she decided to go to the library and learn how to read and write.

She was escorted to the library and she took some books which she did not know what they meant and went to the wooden chair.

She opened the book but could not figure out what the symbols and words meant.

"Aurora."

Aurora opened her eyes and sat upright realizing she had fallen asleep, and saw it was Caspian.

Caspian turned the corner and he could not believe his eyes, it was Aurora and her beauty had accentuated.

Her hair seemed to be redder, her skin looked sun-kissed, and her face looked radiant. How he wanted to run up to her, but he realized that she was walking with Elliot.

It hurt him so much that he had missed her for all these months and felt as if he would die from the pain and he was not the first person she sought out or make it known to him that she was back safely.

Even sending him a letter that she was on her way so that he would make arrangements to meet her, he noticed that she had spotted them as she froze.

Caspian did not know if she was overjoyed or if was she not happy to be back. It stuck out to him that she looked a million times beautiful and that hurt him, was she happier, and had she bloomed when she was away from him?

When she had resumed walking towards them as so did he, it felt as if the steps could not close up fast enough.

When she was in front of him, and she greeted him and everyone, her voice was velvety and he had waited for so long to see her.