Chapter 12

Aurora finally made it back to her place and could not forget about the whole incident that had happened.

She got into bed and her feet ached from all the hours of attending to Caspian and Nadia, the music she had heard and the food she got to taste was all worth it.

Even though she had only tasted a fraction of it, she wanted to recall all of it but she was way too tired.

Aurora was glad that she could sleep in as some of them were told that they could come in the afternoon in time for tea. Prince Caspian was sleeping in so she would clean during lunch,

The servant's quarters were booming with chatters about what had happened last.

She went and got her meal, as she passed by the tables, and could hear that she was now the center of attention.

Before she could sit down her friends were already bombarding her with so many questions,

"So you serve the Prince?" said Agnes.

"Apollo was a prince after all." Said Evelyn.

"I only found out last night at the same time as you all."

Everyone was surprised by her words, "You mean you didn't know you were serving the prince?" Ella remarked.

"No, I have never seen nor heard of him so how would I know, Madam Beatrice didn't tell me any of this."

"So you are telling me that you have a chance to sleep with the prince," Ida whispered.

Their eyes all widened,

"I won't!"

"Are you okay Aurora, quite a cruel joke they played on you last night. With the dagger and all." Barbara asked.

"Yes, that was barbaric behavior." Agnes chimed in.

"I was very startled, but of course, I had to get it together."

"I would have been shaken too," Evelyn added.

"Did you all see Princess Nadia?" Lucy asked with such gleam in her eyes.

"She is the fairest in the land."

"You took the words out of my mouth Aurora, I have never seen someone so beautiful and poised."

"Even Caspian was so smitten with her," Ella added.

"He seemed to be bewitched with her but what man wouldn't?" Ida added.

"With what you said about Caspian he sure is notorious," Evelyn whispered.

Aurora also lowered her voice, "Very much so, but he is the prince so he is allowed to have many women regardless."

"Bunch of bollocks! Why can the man do that? And if a woman as so much as spare a man a glance they are severely punished or called a whore." Agnes spat out the words.

"Certainly is unfair, how is the lady the only one that gets punished when it's both parties involved?" Barbara asked.

"The woman entices," Ella replied angrily.

Aurora also didn't agree with only condemning the woman when it came to affairs on the grounds that the woman is the one that entices.

In Caspian's case, he was the one that enticed and it was okay as he is a man and they are allowed to have affairs as it is often said it is the woman's fault that they can't please their husband.

Which was complete rubbish as all this did was excuse the man and put the blame on the woman only, they finished their lunch and she made her way to Caspian's chambers.