Chapter 28

Aurora set out to work the minute she placed the laundry basket down, she could see that Nadia had left a lot of her things in there as if to mark her territory.

She finally finished cleaning and left. Tomorrow was a long day and she would be going home very late as Nadia's father was coming to have a drink with Caspian man to man so that they could set the date for the wedding.

She would have to serve till late, there were going to be a lot of maids and servants. The day finished and Aurora went home.

Today they were allowed to arrive late as they would be serving into the night, it felt great to sleep in. When it was close to time she got ready and made her way to the palace.

When she got there, they were all called by Madam Beatrice who gave them a list of orders and reminded them that they would be serving royalty.

Night time came and everyone watched as Nadia's father came and the drinking started, they made sure platters were replenished, their cups full and Caspian seemed to be charming the socks from Nadia's father.

Aurora was surprised as to how much they could drink, they were drinking as if they were fish, Caspian had to be in line with Nadia's father and he was doing a great job at it.

The night finally came to a close, and Nadia's father was escorted to his carriage and the rest of them started to clean eating some delicacies that were left behind.

A male guard tapped her on the shoulder and she jumped as her mouth was full of food, was she in trouble for that?

He leaned in, "Caspian wants to see you."

"Now?"

"Yes now."

Aurora went with the guard who stopped at the end of the hallway and motioned for her to go on, Aurora got to his chambers and knocked.

"Come in." his words slurred out.

Aurora opened the door and closed it lightly, Caspian was very drunk and wondered what he wanted at this time of night. He needed to be resting,

He staggered a bit and she ran up to him and balanced him, he was very heavy and his breath was strong with alcohol.

"You need rest, My Lord."

Caspian stood upright a bit, he touched both of her cheeks, "It's Aurora the one woman who won't sleep with me."

"My Lo............"

"You are sweet you know, your innocence is refreshing, something you don't see much." He slurred some more.

"You need to rest My Lord, you are drunk."

Caspian stood upright and looked at her fully and she felt conscious, "I know but I think I like you more than I intended to, and I don't know how to deal with my feelings."

Aurora was surprised by his words, was it the alcohol talking or was it really him talking, he pulled her in his arms and hugged her tightly.

"You are mine Aurora, just you."

Aurora was surprised by all of this and wondered what she should do with the information that he had just given her.

"You need sleep, my Lord."

She went with him slowly to his bed, and as she was laying him down she fell on top of him, she tried to get up but Caspian's hand was strong around her waist.

"I need to go My Lord."

"You are staying with me Aurora and that's an order."

Aurora did not know what to do, if she defied his orders would she get into trouble if he called for her to get killed?