Chapter 34

Weeks went by and Aurora understood now what Elliot meant in terms of being alone. She had no family to visit.

She hadn't seen Caspian since that fateful day and could not afford to see her friends, she would have to see them when they were free and she had to ask for permission.

The process was too long and unnecessary, and most of the time was declined. And she wondered where Elliot had gone to.

She had also not seen him in weeks, was he also avoiding her after that day? She sent a letter with one of the maids to Elliot.

The whole day passed as she sat inside her villa ready to sleep, she was wearing the white nightgown, and her hair was loose being brushed by Eleanor her maid.

"A letter for the lady."

Aurora nodded to Eleanor to get the letter,

She came back, "Here is the letter My Lady."

Aurora nodded for her to carry on brushing her hair,

My Lady

I regret to inform you that Elliot fell from his horse and broke a lot of his bones.

He has been running a fever and is fighting for his life. He is no quitter so we are nursing

Him the best we can. Please bear with him as he recovers at the west wing.

"Eleanor take this letter to one of the ladies outside to tell what it is saying."

Eleanor nodded, and when she came back with the letter she seemed to be more distraught, she handed her the letter back.

"My Lady, they say Elliot is sick and he is being nursed in the west wing."

Aurora crushed the letter and got up.

"My Lady where are you going? We can't go at such a late hour."

"I don't care, Elliot would have done the same," she budged out of her villa. She put on her shoes,

"Okay, My lady I am bringing your cloak."

"Don't if you are caught you will face dire consequences," Aurora got to the west wing and she gasped when she saw Elliot in bandages.

The physician stood up and she took his place after some time she had to leave but she promised to see him every day if she could.

She got back and cried, he was all she had close to a friend, finally, she went to bed late.

"Madam you need to get ready."

Aurora opened her eyes which were heavy and she felt tired from last night, "For?"

"Tea with the prince and princess."

Aurora groaned she had forgotten all about it. She bathed got dressed and her hair was braided down her back loosely.

Some of the concubines were already getting in, Caspian and Nadia were seating in front with their tables in front of them.

The rest of the tables were facing each other. Some of the concubines were fighting over to go sit close to Caspian or Nadia.

She sat down on the first seat that was close to the door and furthest from them.

Aurora felt tired and the conversation was going through her head, she took her spoon and began eating.

Everyone was talking and all she could think about is Elliot, Aurora felt someone nudging her and it was Rachel.

"Did you say something?"