Chapter 50

Aurora and Eleanor bowed their heads as they passed in front of her and felt as if her heart was shattered into a million pieces.

To make matters worse, she knew they had seen her but they walked past her. When they went past she was frozen in place.

Aurora swallowed a lump in her throat,

"Eleanor did they just arrive?"

Eleanor looked afraid to respond to her, "No, My Lady they arrived yesterday noon."

Aurora nodded and smiled, but she felt far from smiling. She carried on walking and sat by the sun. Her mind kept taking her back to Caspian and Nadia walking hand in hand smiling.

A few days passed and tonight it was the dinner with all the concubines and she dreaded it. They were all seated, and Caspian and Nadia walked in hand in hand.

She could see that the other concubines were laughing and sneering at her, Aurora was glad that she had sat at the end close to the door.

Food was served and everyone was chattering but no one wanted to talk to her, she tried to not let it bother her.

Caspian had not acknowledged her and no matter how much she tried to make eye contact he did not look at her.

The minute the last dish was served, she stood, "My Lord and My Lady I will excuse myself."

"You may go ahead," Caspian replied to her and she heard snickers. She stood up and left, when she arrived at her chambers she immediately went to sleep.

It was noon when she finally woke and bathed. Aurora snuck away and went to the stables and Elliot smiled as she approached but his smile dropped when he looked at her.

He opened the gate and she got in, they sat on the outside bench,

"Are you okay Aurora?"

"I just wanted to sit with someone if you don't mind."

"Not at all, you can tell me or you don't have to. You can do as you please."

Elliot's kind words had dropped her guard and she began sobbing uncontrollably and Elliot pulled her into his arms.

She leaned against him as she felt all her power drain from her.

"Aurora!"

She turned and saw Nadia, her maids and some guards walking toward her.

"I would let you keep up your pity party but I have to arrest your friend for touching a concubine."

"It's not his fault!"

"Are you saying you are the one that is at fault?" Nadia replied.

"Yes I am."

Elliot seemed to want to stop her but she gave him a stern look and he stopped.

"Take Aurora."

The guards came up to her and tied her hands and they went with her. She was taken to a dungeon and seated on a chair.

"Confess now that you were committing adultery and you will be spared." Said Nadia harshly.

"I did not, does the prince know about this?"

"Yes, Aurora he gave me permission to discipline you all and it is my duty to. Show her,"

A maid came with a scroll and rolled it in front of her and surely there it was written and the stamp of the prince was on it.

She felt a whip hit her and her back was stinging from pain, after an hour of touch she could barely sit up.

A cloth was put over her face and water was poured on her and she struggled to breathe. They kept on adding more cloths on her face, the more she could not breathe.