Chapter 44

Tonight was going to be a long night so Aurora began drinking very early. The mead was what she needed to drown out everyone and be able to get through the evening.

Such dinners often lasted for a long while, when the food came the more she downed the mead, it was working,

She decided to steal a glance at Caspian that very thought made her very excited, Aurora turned slightly and found Caspian's gaze. He didn't look pleased with her but rather worried or was he upset about something?

She looked away, pain clutched in her chest her emotions were getting out of hand and sadness was starting to take place.

She was seeing two's of everyone and wanted to excuse herself but could not as it would be rude to do that in the presence of the prince and princess.

Her mind was scattered, all she had to do was to sit still until this night was over, and then she would go back to her villa.

Finally, the moment she was waiting was when they all got dismissed. Eleanor came up to her, "You don't look so good My Lady."

"Help me to my villa, Eleanor."

She wondered why Eleanor stood there not budging, her chair was pulled back gently and Caspian lifted her up in bridal style.

He held her close as he walked outside,

"Your scent is amazing Capsian."

Caspian had wanted to have a quiet dinner with Aurora but he could not as he was told that the concubines felt neglected.

This dinner should help with that, when they got to the main dining hall he realized that Aurora was sitting at the far end of the table.

He wanted to grab her hand again but reframed from it as he didn't want to come off as prejudiced. He sat down and Nadia next to him.

He tried to not look at Aurora and have conversations with the other ladies but that was not possible as he saw how much she was drinking.

Had something happened to cause this? Why was she drinking so much he could see that sitting upright was becoming more and more difficult for her.

"Sire?"

"Yes?"

"I was wondering when you would visit my villa for a cup of tea." Caspian searched his mind, who was she again?

He was slightly confused, so he had to play it off as "Soon."

She blushed but his gaze went back to Aurora as she was drinking rapidly, he fought the urge to get up and go to her instantly.

He needed to keep his composure, she seemed to have so much sadness in her eyes and he wondered if he was overthinking all of this.

The night was dragging for him, but by the time the night was done he could see that Aurora would hurt herself if she walked.

He did not care who watched, he drew back his chair and he went over to her quickly. Her maid saw him approaching and she had stood back.

He lifted her into his arms and he walked out, he could smell the mead coming from her. The night breeze was soothing.

"Your scent is amazing Caspian."

He grinned, "You are that drunk?"

They got to his chambers and he closed the door, and he sat down with her in his bed.

"You......you are so beautiful."

Caspian could not help but chuckle, "I get that a lot." He teased her.