Chapter 36

Aurora had packed her bags and was ready to leave, if she was being honest, she did not know when she would be back.

Relief coursed through her, but at the same time, a sharp pain stabbed her heart. She didn't want to leave Caspian.

Her bags were being loaded, and when she went out Nadia and the other concubines were there,

"Morning My Lady."

"I hear you are going for a few moons," Nadia replied taunting her.

"Yes My Lady."

"Smart move Aurora, seems like you learned your lesson, have a safe journey."

"Thank you for your kind thoughts, My Lady."

"The prince has arrived."

They all bowed, and Caspian came in front of her and pulled her into his arms. He pulled back and she could see Nadia and all the concubines fuming.

"I will miss you, My love."

"So will I."

Caspian didn't care and he kissed in front of everyone, when he pulled back he touched her cheek, "Don't be gone for long and don't forget me."

"I would never."

She climbed into the carriage and saw Nadia moving to stand beside Caspian and she had a sly smile on her face.

With Eleanor inside, they started the long journey, and Aurora held back her tears,

"Wait, Halt!"

The carriage stopped and she looked out and saw Caspian had come to her window. She could see the pain she felt reflecting on his face.

"I love you Aurora."

He kissed her though the window, he pulled back. She couldn't tell him how she felt or else her will to leave would diminish or he would stop her from leaving.

Aurora turned away and motioned for the carriage to go. She didn't look out the window no matter how much she wanted to, it was all too painful.

Tears started to fall down her face as she looked out the window, the sky was lovely and it was sunny but she felt the opposite of it all.

Aurora sighed, she would miss her friends and Caspian. They would be separated by many miles but they were still under the same sky and they would both look at the same moon.

She went the whole way looking outside and she felt free for the first time in forever. She has always been stuck in the palace as a maid than a concubine.

After a couple of days of traveling, she finally arrived at the place she would be taking her break. It was a monk's temple that was not occupied and could only be used with permission from The king and the descendants.

Her things were unloaded and she sat outside. The days went by and she was healing, her face had healed, and was lucky she hadn't lost any teeth.

Today it was raining and she stood underneath,

"Why do you stand in the rain, My Lady?" Eleanor asked her quizzically.

"I just like you wasn't afforded much freedom for me it was from a really tender age up until I became a concubine, this is the first time I have been outside in a long time."

Eleanor nodded, "Were you also a maid?"

"Yes, up until a few moons ago."

Eleanor seemed to be surprised, "The prince must truly love you, My Lady."