Chapter 6

Aurora went to the laundry room and was relieved she had managed to dodge a bullet. The thought that should be frequenting his bed but when he said he does not force women, made her feel relief course through her body and so profound at that.

When she had dropped off the clothes, Aurora was glad that today there had no dishes in the kitchen which meant she could get out of cleaning in there.

She had never taken a stroll in the palace and now was her chance to do so, she walked through the pathway, which on either side had long tall trees.

The breeze was amazing and she inhaled it, and for once she felt stress-free from the daily burdens that she needed to carry.

She was a bit sad that this position was not hers forever, not that she wanted Constance to stay ill forever.

Maybe one day she would have enough money to build herself a small little cottage where she could live and have no one to bother her.

Currently, she could not save much as there had to be some necessities that had to be bought, and sometimes the food in the palace was not enough so she needed to replenish more for herself.

It would be great when she gets a spot in the servant's quarters then that's when the official saving would begin and if willing she would have saved enough money to leave the palace and live her own life, where she would wake up at any time and could do whatever she pleases with her own time.

If she ran out of money, she would hope to get a job or be allowed to work at the palace once more, or else she would be destined to a cruel fate of begging on the streets.

She returned to the servant's quarters when it was time for lunch, she was the first on there and could save a table for her friends.

They all came in one by one and they were all surprised that she had been the first one to arrive, as per usual she was always the last one in.

Aurora liked that she could now have a bit of longer breaks and got here before the queue to the food got very long and it would eat up some of her lunchtime.

"Well if it isn't a surprise you got here first Aurora." Ella grinned at her.

"I know, I was even surprised myself."

They all laughed at her response,

"So how was your morning in Apollo's room?" Lucy asked.

"I saw him this morning and got a bit of a fright from the conversation we had earlier on about not being able to refuse to be in his bed."

"So what happened Aurora? Don't leave us hanging." Evelyn quickly added and they all nodded in unison probing her to carry on the story.

"He told me to rest assured that he has never forced a girl in his bed and I felt relieved that he would not probe me into an uncomfortable situation."

"Do you think he has taken an interest in you?" Agnes asked.

"I don't think so, I don't know what he exactly wants from me or if I want to know. Bachelors like him could get you into trouble after they use you and then lose interest. You get discarded and I don't want to jeopardize this in any way, I am almost close to living here."

"True, let us know if there are any more rendezvous, if any happen during tea time." Said Ella.

"I will, how is working for you all?"

"Boring," Lucy replied and they all nodded,

"Just old or snobby," Barbara added.

They finished their lunch and by then it was tea time, she went and collected her tray in the kitchen and made her way to the chambers.