Chapter 40

Aurora jumps out of his arms, and the door to the prison is opened, she and Elliot are released, and the minute she is out Caspian grabs her by the hand and drags her away.

He was walking fast and for every step, he took she had to take two so she could match his steps, and he was not slowing down.

They walked into his villa and he did not respond to anyone that greeted him, when they got to his chambers he dragged her in and let go of her hand and he slammed the door shut.

Aurora looked at the ground, she could not stand to look at him in the present moment that they were in.

"Tell me Aurora! Make me understand."

"I don't know what you want me to say."

"So you think it's fine for you to spend a night with another man?"

"I didn't choose to, I had no choice."

"At least look at me when you say those words and that's an order!"

Aurora lifted her head and looked him in the eye, she did not flinch at his words, her own anger was simmering on the surface.

She could see the hurt in his eyes but he did not see hers,

"I can leave for a while if you would like, I can come back in a few moons."

"You are not leaving me Aurora, I won't let it happen. I did that once as a favor but now you are not going anywhere."

"Fine then I want to be at my villa and I don't want to see you."

"Do you hear yourself Aurora!"

"Yes, I do hear myself, you have a million women to replace me with."

"What is going on with you? I could not get a hold of you and I find out Elliot carried you back, and to make matters worse you apparently ran to him looking the way you are."
Aurora realized that she was not dressed properly, her hair was a mess. "I didn't realize it."

"You didn't realize it? Were you thinking about Elliot that much?"

"Elliot does not need to be punished, why was he arrested?"

"That does not matter that concern you Aurora."

"It does, Elliot is my friend and he has been there for me, I would sacrifice myself for him if needed."

"You would sacrifice yourself. Did you lie to me all this time Aurora? Did you even feel the slightest the way I felt about you?"

Aurora chuckled, "I did but to you,I was just lucky that you felt anything close to love, I don't know what about me captured your attention. You just wanted me as a possession."

"Don't put words in my mouth, I have accommodated you more than I have with any other women that I have had."

"How gracious of you My Lord, should I bow down now? Or better yet should I lay my life down, I can do that if you want."

Caspian walked over to her and he grabbed her face in a rough manner she could see war, rage, and anger in his eyes, "You will not die without my permission Aurora, I will love you till death do us part. I might have said it to Nadia but those words were emotionally directed to you in my heart."

Aurora tried to move her face out of his grip, but she was stuck,

"Fine, I will stay a prisoner forever."

Caspian placed his other hand on her face, and he was now holding it in between his hands, "Aurora we were fine the day before yesterday, tell me what happened so I can fix it."