Chapter 64

Douglas got into his room and closed the door, he had calmed down after his meeting with his mother.

"You look strained."

"How can I not be Douglas, did you find anything?"

Douglas sat down, "Can't even wait for me to sit down." He teased him, and this made him realize that he was free.

"I will after I.........."

"I know Caspian, find Aurora."

"Did you find anything."

Douglas put down a scroll on the table and opened it, it had a lot of writing and drawings on it.

"There are seven possible areas that Aurora could have gone and it happened a while back, so they are not many witnesses. The other matter is that Aurora left wearing a cloak most probable."

Caspian nodded, he would not give up, "Anything else?"

"Aurora seemed to have not taken much, and it seems as if she just disappeared without a trace."

"When did you find out when she was banished?"

"After some moons had passed, I had tried to look into it but those who did would be harshly punished."

"Did you notice anything unusual to the weeks leading up to her being banished?"

"You may not want to hear this but she was being treated as a servant."

Caspian's brows furrowed, "How was she made into a servant when she was a concubine?"

"She only was a concubine by title but in regards to how she was treated, she was demeaned to being a servant."

"What would they do to her?"
"She was made to serve Nadia and the remainder of the other concubines, but the remainder I do not know as she disappeared and nothing was heard of ever since."

Caspian swallowed a lump, "I was too late, I was not here to protect her and be with her when she needed me."

"Don't be too hard on yourself Caspian, it is not as if you didn't want to be here."
"I failed her Douglas."

"There was nothing you could do Caspian, don't punish yourself you have been through so much."

"That does nothing to the guilt eating me up, I should have been more cautious."

"You will find her."

"I have to Douglas, that is not an option. I have to be with her or else I can't go on."

"How are you faring as the king?"

"Everything is different, of course I have not been here for the past four years. I have been adjusting bit by bit to everything."

"You came back with a concubine?"

"Rurina was made a concubine here."

"Nadia?"

"I'm sure you heard that her parents are coming in a few moons."

"Relationship wise, how have you two been as she now is the queen."

"I haven't had time to think of that, I had to take care of my father's duties and I need to search for Aurora."

"How are you going to go search for Aurora? Or will you send guards to find her?"

"I will have to mask the search for Aurora, pretend to go do some hunting but instead search for Aurroa."

"That's risky, what if something happens to you again?"