Chapter 8

Aurora made her way inside, did her normal balancing went up to the table and placed the tray there.

"Your tea My Lord."

Her head was bowed as per usual and she started to turn away,

"I didn't dismiss you Aurora."

She stood very still at his words and hoped she had not offended him in any way with her actions, she stood there anxiously waiting for his next words or command.

"Is there something wrong with being in my presence?"

"I apologize, My Lord, I did not mean to insult you."

"Talk freely Aurora and set aside rankings."

"I could never do such My Lord."

"It's an order."

Aurora nodded, she was afraid that one wrong word and this would all end badly for her.

"Lift up your head."

Aurora did so immediately, she didn't want to disobey him and maybe could decipher what he was thinking.

"Why do you look so worried Aurora?"

"I am not My......I mean I am not."

It felt strange to not address him the way they were taught,

"Look at me."

Aurora forced her gaze on him, he was really good-looking, She doubted that she had ever seen a man with such beautiful features as his, he was truly carved by the angels.

He was now clean, wearing new garments that matched his complexion, and his hair was perfectly combed.

"Do I look that appealing to you?" Caspian asked.

Aurora froze at his words and stared down again, she could feel the heat rushing up to her cheeks.

How embarrassing that he had caught her gawking at him and not for a split second but for a lot as she was lost in thought.

"You can look at me all you want." Caspian's voice came again. It was playful. He liked this, playing games with her.

She did not know why he didn't take her reaction as a sign of her not wanting to be involved with him.

"Say something."

"I have nothing to say, My Lord."

"I told you, you don't have to address me in such a formal manner."

"But I prefer it that way, My Lord."

She did not know how much of a risk she was taking by defying him,

"Why are you trying to build a wall between us Aurora."

"There is already one."

"Which you put in place."

"I did not My Lord, it's that you are my master and I your servant."

"Why are you making it that way Aurora?"

"As it should be."

"We can break that norm, love between a man and woman should not have any boundaries nor any rankings, those are tossed aside the minute we are intimate."

"I don't embrace fornication, My Lord."

Caspian was surprised at her words, she was truly chaste.

"You are very straightforward forward Aurora, I wish to change your mind and your way of thinking."